Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Familiar Face

Default Should I Valet Park in Port Canaveral?

Hello All - I normally cruise out of Tampa and find the Valet Parking well worth the extra cost because the loooooong walk to the parking garage.

This time I'm sailing out of Port Canaveral and would like your opinion on parking. I will be traveling with a 5 year old, several other able bodied adults and one older woman who is a little on the heavy side.

To valet or not valet? THANKS! :-D
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

The parking garage at Tampa is right across the street from the terminal unless they changed it recently.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old June 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I've never used valet parking at any cruise terminal but it all comes down to cost vs. convenience. If the convenience is worth it for you then, by all means, do it.

I almost always use on site parking at airports. I pay about $4 more per day but it is worth it to just walk out of the terminal and onto the ramp and to my car. I hate waiting for the shuttle and being drove two miles away and then finding my car.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to dfhawk60 Send a message via Yahoo to dfhawk60 Send a message via Skype™ to dfhawk60

if memory serves, parking is right across the street. you drive till the end, make a left u-turn drop off your luggage and guest, drive about 150 feet make a left into the garage, park and your done.
RCCL Navagitor of the Seas - Nov 26, 2005 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Glory - April 15, 2006 (E.Caribbean) | Carnival Victory - Aug 21, 2006 (Canada) | Carnival Glory - July 28, 2007 (W.Caribbean) | Carnival Fascination - Aug 4, 2008 West Caribbean | HAL Eruodam - April 11, 2009 East Caribbean | Carnival Fredom - Aug 9, 2009 | Carnival Pride Feb 20,2011 (Bahamas) | NCL PrideOfAmerica April 16,2011 (Hawaii)
Old June 29th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Admiral

The parking is just across the street at Port Canaveral--closer than the parking at Tampa. Unless you have someone who is disabled or for some reason can't walk a couple hundred yards or so I would save the money and park and walk across.
What I do is instead of driving around and dropping the luggage off, then having to circle back around and park and walk back, I just go directly to the garage, park, roll my luggage down, give to a porter along with a $5 or so and merrily go on my way.
It's close enough to easily walk: if you have a good throwing arm, you could
probably hit the ship with a rock from the garage. ;-)
Old June 30th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Ron is right, that's what I usually do also. As a matter of fact though,,,I don't think I've ever seen valet parking offered at Port Canaveral! Maybe I just never noticed it, but Tampa is about the only port where I've seen that offered!

"SKY"
Old June 30th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the feedback! Sailing tomorrow. Whoo Hoo!
Old June 30th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Girl View Post
Thanks for the feedback! Sailing tomorrow. Whoo Hoo!
Lucky girl! Tell you what. If you take me along, I'll park your car for you, and carry your luggage to the porter! No extra charge!
Seriously, have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"