Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default So Ladies.....

When you cruise, do you pamper yourself at the spa and salon? How often do you go, and do you go on the day of the formal night, or more then once?

How about the facials etc..will you splurge, or wait till port days, when they have the bargains? Are you bowled over at the prices they charge at sea, vs at home, or don't you care....after all you are on vacation!

Have you tried the massages, and how about the hot stome one? Was it divine? How do you deal with the staff, trying to sell you every product they use? And of you bought them were you happy?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
When you cruise, do you pamper yourself at the spa and salon? How often do you go, and do you go on the day of the formal night, or more then once?

How about the facials etc..will you splurge, or wait till port days, when they have the bargains? Are you bowled over at the prices they charge at sea, vs at home, or don't you care....after all you are on vacation!

Have you tried the massages, and how about the hot stome one? Was it divine? How do you deal with the staff, trying to sell you every product they use? And of you bought them were you happy?
Yes, I have to have a massage, but I only get one per cruise. Once on the Legend, my daughter and I went and had the hot stone massage......oh yummy, we loved it! On the Liberty, a couple of weeks ago, we took advantage of specials on our last day at sea while heading back to Miami. We both had oil massages and facials. My granddaughter took advantage of a special for a haircut and highlighting (she's 13 and looks adorable with her "Celtic Red/Copper" highlights).

After our facials, we loved so much what their products did for our skin, my daughter and I bought a bunch! I actually bought so many, they gave me a $66 bottle of body bath which my gal forgot to give me and actually made a special trip to my stateroom to give it to me. We all exchanged emails and promised to keep in touch. Amy is wonderful and really knows her stuff!

Both of us have been using their products faithfully and can actually see and feel improvements of our skin. I'll be customer for life of their products and will order more on their website as I need them.

Yes, it is a splurge and I could get a massage a whole lot cheaper here in town, but afterall, we gals are special and need to pamper ourselves once in awhile.
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:01 PM
Passenger

...go ahead, call me a thread killer....
Old July 1st, 2010, 11:02 PM
Admiral

No I won't

Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:56 PM
Passenger

On my first cruise I did not vist the spa. I always get a pedicure the day before vacation and will do that the day before we cruise. I get a magnificent pedicure for $23 at the nail salon in walking distance from my house so just can't see paying double or triple the price!
My husband and I have already booked a couples massage for our first "day at sea". We love spending time in port so it wouldn't be worth it to us to get a cheaper rate and forego time in port. Since booking our massage I have read many negative reviews on the spa/massage so I'm hoping I won't regret it.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
First Mate

On my first cruise, I won a 50%-off coupon for a facial - the only reason I used the spa. It was great!

Normally though, I would never pay those inflated prices. An shipboard massage is more than double what I pay at home. (Maybe I'm cheap or maybe I'd just rather spend that $ on DODs).
Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:27 PM
Admiral

I sort of think along the same lines....I would rather buy myslef a bauble..once, as we sat by the pool before we sailed, a woman from the salon, came and asked if I would be the model for a scalp and shoulder treatment..I said sure, and off I went to be pampered for a bit..The prices just stun me top be honest, so free was nice...

I did once go for an ankle treatment, as my feet swell from the flights and the food...I then bought what they used, it was called drainage, believe it or not, and used it for several cruises..and it did work...

Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
First Mate

Trip, I am with you. I would rather buy myself a little treat then spend it on a massage. Different strokes I guess.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews

Celebrity Equinox 2014
Carnival Victory 2012
Carnival Dream 2010
Carnival LIberty 2008
Carnival Glory 2006
RCCL Grandeur Of the Seas 2005
RCCL Majesty of the Seas 2003
Carnival Destiny 2003
Carnival Fascination 2001
Old July 2nd, 2010, 04:58 PM
Admiral

I do wish I felt more like pampering myself, and I applaude those that appreciate the time spent, on themselves...I guess at my age, if I haven't done it yet, I never will

Last edited by Trip; July 2nd, 2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:06 PM
Admiral

Our first cruise I did the seaweed wrap with massage, had a hair treatment and got a haircut. Since then I have only done sea days special mini's mainly foot massage due to swelling.

Wish I could do more both at home and on a cruise, but just not in our budget.

Caribbean Trip Reports
Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014, MSC Divina Oct 2014