Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlb1050 View Post
One of the reason we continue to cruise with Carnival is because they don't have the "extras " that boost the price up. I don't want to have to make a reservation to see a show or pay extra to get a good meal and get good service.

We don't go on a cruise to ride a flow rider, to climb a rock wall or to see Blue Man Group. We go to relax and enjoy the ports. And if we are lucky we will enjoy the shows that provided.

I think Carnival has it right in the way they are handling the business.

I will let others pay more and have to plan every minute of their cruise in order to go to the shows, ride the flow rider etc. Try to make a reservation with 5000 - 6000 others. It didn't work for us on NCL Pearl and I'm sure it has to be more of a problem on the larger ship.

Add me to Snoozeman, venice, lhp, sistagoldenhair, Cruzin_PA and reverendjeff just give me clean room, good food and plenty of chances to relax, to quote venice.

Carnival keep on doing what you are doing!
Add me to that group too. Carnival doesn't have to jack up their prices to deliver a Fun Vacation because they have to pay or go in debt for a ship with gimmicks. They consistently deliver a Fun Cruise that is the most affordable of all the major cruise lines. That keeps people coming back, well the food is pretty good too.
Old July 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Admiral

We have sailed on Carnival three times, each on a different class of ships (Destiny, Conquest, Splendor). However there was little difference between the three ships in terms of passenger experience, at least not that I noticed.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old July 21st, 2010, 04:36 AM
Captain

I personally think that innovation is to NOT follow the leader but to tread your own paths.
That said....
I can think of a few things that Carnival could do that wouldn't cost that much money.
1. While everyone in the cruise industry seems to be catering to non smokers more and more....How about making Carnival ships more smoker friendly?

2. Everyone loves the shows that Carnival has but how about having daytime shows on sea days? It would make the shows less crowded and allow those who don't sunbathe or play bingo something else to do.

3. Open the dining rooms at 3:30 pm for those who would like to eat supper earlier.

4. open more lounges inside the ship earlier, maybe have afternoon karaoke.

5. Have bridge or euchre tournaments during the day.

These are just some simple ideas that wouldn't cost a lot of money to do but would also make Carnival innovated unlike any other cruise line i know.

Happy Sailing
Tim

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old July 21st, 2010, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Tim...I like #2 - #5

what is an euchre tournament ?
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would LLLOOOOVVVVEEEE the euchre tournament! Grew up playing (in Ohio), but no one here in Virginia knows how to play it! I'm not a gambler, but would enjoy a nice game of cards on sea days.
Old July 22nd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Admiral

Euchre is definitely a Midwestern game. It's sort of Jr. Bridge using 9's through aces.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Star Clippers: Royal Clipper 2015
Old July 25th, 2010, 03:59 PM
First Mate

Some may call it lacking innovation. Some believe, me included, that enough is enough, I don't cruise just to be inundated with hype and activities, I cruise to RELAX. Maybe frugality in the cruise industry will save your bottom line, innovations such as zip lines,ice rinks, agua theatre,blue man group,circue,are expensive and that cost must be passed on. Stay the course, Carnival, we love you for what you are.
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

Carnival is doing a good job and they are showing it-the ships sail full double or full quad capacity. The one element I would like Carnival to think about is to get a private island of their own!!!!! They could get a Bahamian island and develope it similar to Half Moon Cay. They could even build a dock so no one has to TENDER!!!!

So many ships go to Nassau ad Freeport, if they got a private island they could have one or two ships there every day of the week and drop Freeport or Nassau on 3 and 4 day cruises.

That is my thought!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old August 4th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourxbusymom View Post
I would LLLOOOOVVVVEEEE the euchre tournament! Grew up playing (in Ohio), but no one here in Virginia knows how to play it! I'm not a gambler, but would enjoy a nice game of cards on sea days.
I'm originally from Wooster, Ohio and we played Euchre all the time there. Live near Chattanooga, TN now and nobody here has ever heard of the game. All they play around here is a game called tonk.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old August 7th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Captain

Why mess with success? Carnival is the number one cruise line in the world! I don't care at all to do zip lines, rock climbing, etc. If that is important to you.....then, by all means cruise on RCL. I do cruise on RCL, also, but all those things aren't the reason I do. I just love being on the water and visiting islands and other countries!
Old August 9th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Beginner

I have an opinion(FWIW) from someone who will be a first time cruiser next year. For info's sake, I will be 30 at time of sailing and DH will be 28.
When we first started to think about a cruise for next year, DH and I looked at Carnival, RCI, and NCL. We would be sailing out of Galveston(preferable) or New Orleans. Obviously many of these ships have the same itenerary, so our ultimate decision came to the actual boats themselves. After scouring the internet for photos and reviews, we settled upon the Carnival Magic. We realized after looking at the NLC and RCI ships that they just didn't seem to have as much character as Carnival's. The others cost more and had too much extra stuff you had to pay for. I don't need a zip line or wave rider(if I want actiony stuff like that, I can do it at port), I don't want more fancy restaurants I have to pay extra for. When we looked at the Carnival line of ships(and we had a tough decision to make between the Conquest or Magic), we just felt like they were the perfect fit for us. We are looking to a cruise for a nice relaxing time with good food and a pretty ship. We think we will find that with Carnival.
The other lines seem to be going TOO over the top for our tastes and Carnival seems just perfect for what it is.
Old August 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Admiral

ships should have the vestige of a ship's ambiance.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">