Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:35 AM
Passenger

Default how many bags allowed and can you carry around small luggage for the day

Can someone tell me how many bags they allow. I will have one big suitcase for myself. I will also have a hard cosmetic type case which i have all of the medicines & prescriptions we need prefer not to leave this with the ship for the day when we drop our luggage, are we able to carry this around with us for the day before the ship leaves at 4:00. Do people carry around small totes or small suitcases with wheels of things they may need during the 1st day.
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2010, 08:15 AM
First Mate

You will have to keep your carry on till they let you in your cabin. Time is Different on each ship, depends on when they get your room ready. Sometime from 1300 to 1400. Sometimes you can get to your cabin and throw it in the closet, but the room will not be locked. Up to you. Sometimes the doors are locked and you can't get there at all. Here your luggage info.
Guests are encouraged to limit their checked luggage to two suitcases per person, with each suitcase not to weigh more than 50 pounds and not exceed 16"H x 24"W x 30"L. Please attach your Carnival Cruise Lines luggage tags PRIOR to leaving home and make sure that they are still on your bags when checking in with us. In many ports, guests have the option of carrying luggage on board at embarkation and off the ship at the end of the cruise as long as it does not exceed 24"W x 16"H x 30"L. This is an advantage you may want to consider as it will allow for quicker easier access to your bags. Please note that Carnival assumes no responsibility for carry-on luggage.
Alternatively, curbside porters are available at the pier to take luggage to the vessel for delivery to your stateroom by shipboard personnel. Customary tip is $1 per bag. Please be sure each piece of luggage is unlocked and has a tag listing your name and stateroom number. Curbside porters are not employees of Carnival; therefore, if you experience any problems, please report them to porter management on site. Any luggage left at the pier will be forwarded at your expense. Claims for luggage loss or damage must be made in writing to the debarkation personnel prior to leaving the pier area.
If you are traveling by air, we strongly recommend that you contact your air carrier to obtain their luggage allowance policy for the maximum number, size and weight of bags that each guest is allowed at no charge. Guests are responsible for luggage fees, excess luggage charges as well as any other charges imposed by air carriers or airports. We recommend that each guest verify with the airline representative that their luggage is checked-in to their final destination.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 11:10 AM
Passenger

thanks for the info
Old July 3rd, 2010, 01:03 PM
Admiral

I don't fly to port so I don't have to worry and the airline luggage requirements. I have not limited my checked bags to the information that Dutchman has listed and have never had a problem. So encourage is different from require. I also take medicines & prescriptions on board. I always carry these on in a wheeled bag. My last cruise my room was not ready so I took the bag up to Lido deck. My hubby and I got lunch by the time that was done the rooms were ready. Always keep your medicines & prescriptions with you do not check them in. The checked bags come to you later in the day and you may need the medicines & prescriptions before the checked bags are received.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old July 3rd, 2010, 03:20 PM
Admiral

I, too, never counted suitcases, whatever I needed is what I brought. When I first started cruising, I packed maybe three suitcases, now I am down to one. Also, I always pack my medications, camera and a change of clothes in a small wheeled carry-on which I keep with me. I pack a change of clothes just in case my checked suitcase doesn't make it to my stateroom before dinner and I splash some beer, vodka, food, etc., on my clothes. I also take a lot of photos and want my camera with me. After 1:30 p.m., you will be able to access your stateroom, drop off your carry-on and lock the door.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 05:58 PM
Passenger

thanks so much! ok i will definitely bring my wheeled bag with meds and other important items for my carry on.
Old July 3rd, 2010, 06:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ginger,
You can usually get in your cabin around 1:00, to drop off all your carry-on....Keep in mind that a size that doesn't fit through the x-ray will have to be checked, the smaller carry-on you can just take with you. Don't carry on more than you can handle if you can't get to your cabin right away, nothing like lugging that around with you for hours.

Sounds like you don't have to fly into the port?

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 5th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Admiral

i recommend a small backpack for prescriptions, important or travel documents and other things you cannot afford to lose. This way your hands are frfee and you don't have to wheel something around with you.
It's also a great place to keep a small purse. wheeling something around until the cabins are ready is an unnecessary burden.

The backpack is also great for carrying sunblock, towel, other essentials on excursions. Get one which is small enhough for your needs yet waterproof. It also is great for carrying things around the ship or to the lido deck or pool area.