Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2010, 07:54 PM
Admiral

Default Smoking Poll on John Heald's Blog

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Admiral

For anyone who doesn't read John's (hysterical!) blog (John Heald's Blog ), this is not a general smoking poll. It's a cigar smoking poll. It's been decided, that on several of the Carnival ship's, the Cigar Bar will become non-smoking and there will be an outside area for cigar smoking.

Since I don't smoke cigar's this is not a big deal to me , but for those who do, it's important. Apparently, many people who cruise only smoke cigar's while cruising.

Personally, I've never had a problem with the Cigar Bar. On the Carnival Conquest you have to walk through the Cigar Bar to get to the Internet Cafe (BTW, I've NEVER seen an Internet Cafe so "hidden"!). Many meetings and even the art auctions are held in the Cigar Bar. I never heard anyone complain... .

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 17th, 2010, 02:15 AM
Captain

one spot indoors for cigar smokers isnt going to kill anyone. Let them have their place too. They paid the same fare as anyone else.

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old July 18th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

No smoking in a cigar bar. It would make me think they would need to opt for a name change as well. Here's a thought...put doors on the cigar bar that actually close and have a ventilation system specifically for the cigar bar.
Old July 19th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Passenger

I quit smoking 18 months ago and prefer not to be around smoke....BUT no smoking in the CIGAR BAR??? Isn't that a bit ludicrous and going a bit too far? Even cigarette smokers are prone to complain about the smell of a cigar so I personally think it's great to have a bar where the cigar smokers feel welcome. No smoking in the cigar bar is like telling patrons at the karaoke bar that they must drink the alcohol they purchase elsewhere. I think attitudes towards smokers have gotten way out of hand. If you're smoking something legal there should be places you can smoke it. Non-smokers have plenty of non-smoking areas.
Old July 19th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

As most know the entire fleet is modifying lounges to accommodate the new comedy clubs. Space is becoming a premium, so I think in the future, there will be NO designated cigar bars on cruise ships. Just IMHO.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
As most know the entire fleet is modifying lounges to accommodate the new comedy clubs. Space is becoming a premium, so I think in the future, there will be NO designated cigar bars on cruise ships. Just IMHO.
The only ships that Carnival would really have to do any major modifying on is the Fantasy class.

We were on the Glory when they first started the Comedy Club and it worked out well....as it is.

For example: the only way people can get into the Aft lounge on the Fantasy is to go through the smoking section of that bar. (the other side is Camp Carnival)

That little smoking section also happens to be the Cigar section. So that will definately have to be eliminated. If the small number of people that use the Internet on the Conquest class ships complain about having to go through smoke to get to the Internet ..... people will really complain when they have to walk through the smoking section to get to a show.

I think Big Ed and Ms Pat had it figured out on the Dream when they used their electronic cigarettes. They could smoke where ever they wanted to AND they did not bother anyone else.

Of course, to my knowledge, I have not heard of an electronic cigar...but give them time.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old July 21st, 2010, 07:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

I hope they don't make the Cigar Bars on the Fantasy class non-smoking. Since that class of ships doesn't have a sports bar I usually go there to watch games, have a beer and a smoke. Hopefully they can modify the entrance or something. It's only a few feet through there to the entrance of the aft lounge.
Old September 14th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Passenger

Amen, brother!

Read and post cruise reviews