CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   carnival fantasy (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/375318-carnival-fantasy.html)

Sillysns July 18th, 2010 08:49 PM

carnival fantasy

hi cruisers!

has anyone sailed the Carnival Fantasy out of Charleston, SC? I have a few questions if yes.

1. what are the suite balcony's like? small like the Inspiration or big like the Sensation?

2. how was the food?

3. Is it worth it to get a suite or should I just get a ocean view room?

thx, if anybody can help with those answers I'd appreciate it

Aerogirl July 18th, 2010 11:39 PM

She was my first sail. The balcony is the same as Inspiration. To me it's worth the money for the balcony. We stayed in cat#12 and loved it. The food was very good but this is going back years ago. We sailed Inspiration this past December and found the food pretty good. I think you will have a great time on Fantasy. I loved the set up of the ship. Go for the balcony!!

Donna July 19th, 2010 06:40 AM

You may also check out the readers reviews of this ship to find out more....

Kimbopolo July 19th, 2010 11:30 AM

My first cruise was on Fantasy - I had an Ocean View. My second cruise was on Fantasy - we had the Ocean Suite. No contest - if it's within your budget, go for the OS for the balcony alone. Priority embarkation and disemarkation were also nice. We sailed out of Mobile.

I've not been on the other 2 ships you mention. Here are the dimensions: the OV was 185 sq. ft. The OS was 220 sq. ft. with a 30 sq. ft. balcony. It was the ideal size for 2 adults.

IMO, considering that over 2,000 people are being fed, the food was quite good and sometimes really good.

Hope that helps! :D

Aerogirl July 19th, 2010 03:14 PM

The "penthouse suite" (cat 12) the room is 320 sq. ft with a 75 sq. ft balcony.

david30101 July 19th, 2010 03:49 PM

I was on her back in Apr. I have some pics on the photopage here. I had a V deck balcony. I like the "seclusion" that the Vdeck was seperate from the rest of the ships living areas.

john_galt July 19th, 2010 07:24 PM

I was in Penthouse Suite on the Ecstasy loved it. The balcony was very private (nobody above or below). I also sailed in an aft room on the Fantasy on a short cruise and really didn't miss the balcony. I'm always amazed that the balconies on Carnival ships are so shallow. You have to turn sideways just to stretch your legs! I paid the extra money for the extended balconies on the Victory and Conquest. It's those shallow balconies that keep me from booking Silverseas.

david30101 July 20th, 2010 08:05 AM

The V deck Balconys are very shallow..But what is good about them..They only have standard railings where you can sit in chair and hang your feet over which is quite comfy if you ask me..

Aerogirl July 20th, 2010 12:37 PM

I didnt like the V balcony due to when you look straight down from it you see the deck not the water. I like looking straight down and seeing the water hit the side of the boat. I say cat#12 all the way!