CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   weather onboard ship (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/375392-weather-onboard-ship.html)

bingodiva2 July 21st, 2010 09:16 PM

weather onboard ship

Is there a way to get weather info on a ship out to sea? I am curious about the condition for first timers aboard Ecstasy as we speak. I have checked weather at their ports and found it to be raining. Just wondering.

Trip July 21st, 2010 09:23 PM

Good question... You could check the tourism bureau for the islands on the Ecstacy itinerary, they usually show the daily weather. I did hear, I think yesterday, that St. Thomas was getting 2 inches of downpours..:( Had that happen in Grand Cayman once, and never got off the ship...showers I can deal with, torrential rain..I will enjoy the ship!

skymaster July 22nd, 2010 08:02 AM

I thought Ecstasy might have a web cam aboard, (lots of ships do, and you can log into them and see exactly what's going on) but it appears that the ship is slightly too old to have that feature. I could be wrong, so maybe someone will come up with that address, or another way to find out the current weather where the ship is located. Good luck.

"SKY"

linalcaplan July 22nd, 2010 08:13 AM

Yahoo weather

When I want to know the current and future weather predictions for anywhere around the globe I just go to Yahoo Weather (link below) and type in the city and country. We leave for an Alaskan cruise next week and I've been tracking the weather in Seattle (70's) and Juneau (50-60's) for the past few weeks.
Yahoo weather

green_rd July 22nd, 2010 10:42 AM

It's dry and about 72 degrees on board.

bingodiva2 July 22nd, 2010 03:59 PM

Wow, thanks! How has the weather been throughout the cruise. I kept seeing rain in the forecast?

skymaster July 22nd, 2010 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1304808)
It's dry and about 72 degrees on board.

I think Green_Rd is just pulling your leg a bit. The weather INSIDE the ship is about 72 degrees, and it's dry. :rolleyes: He didn't say anything about the weather up on the Lido Deck, around the mid ship pool. (Outside) I'd guess it's probably about 90 degrees, and windy. :cool::?:

"SKY"

Solo1959 July 24th, 2010 12:32 PM

This site illustrates the current wave conditions throughout the world. Just click on the box that corresponds to the location that interests you and you will see the wave conditions: Oceanweather Inc: Current Marine Data

This site shows the current ocean temperatures: Marine Weather : Weather Underground

lhp July 27th, 2010 07:10 PM

I check www.weather.com ...

usually just before we sail to get the 10 day forecast for Cozumel etc....

Tree Hugger July 28th, 2010 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skymaster (Post 1304782)
I thought Ecstasy might have a web cam aboard, (lots of ships do, and you can log into them and see exactly what's going on) but it appears that the ship is slightly too old to have that feature. I could be wrong, so maybe someone will come up with that address, or another way to find out the current weather where the ship is located. Good luck.

"SKY"

I've never heard anyone mention something like this. Does the Conquest have one? I'd love to be able to tell the kids to look at it one day when the wife and I sail in September.:D

ttam August 2nd, 2010 08:54 PM

weather on ship

dark NIGHT light during the day.
inside a controlled atmosphere onthe outside its all for you
boB