Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2010, 09:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default Legend vs. Dream - March 2011

Hey all-

Trying to decide between to relatively similar cruises with western Caribbean itineraries , but with very different ships. I've only sailed on smaller ships and wanted to try the Dream because it is large and may offer more to do on at sea days and more variety in eating.

I know a lot on these boards have enjoyed the spirit class and was wondering what makes them so much better then some of the larger ships. Anybody been on both, which did you like better and why? If you've been on one but not the other what made it awesome and why would you sail on that ship again? Or why not?

Thanks for the help, can't wait to cruise again!

Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:06 PM
Admiral

I honestly haven't done "Dream" yet, and did indeed have it booked for this November, but backed out, and booked "Miracle" instead. I AM anxious to try Dream, but not until all the "bugs" have been ironed out. Having said all that, I LOVE the Spirit class ships, like "Legend" and "Miracle". They simply are big enough to have lots of activities, but not so big that they feel crowded. I've sailed that class ship over, and over and never tire of them. As far as your question, I think you'll probably be happy with either ship, and either cruise. Base your choice on factors, other than the ship.

"SKY"
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:25 PM
Admiral

I've not sailed the Legend but it's a Spirit class ship. I've sailed the Pride, a sister ship of the Legend 3 times and have sailed the Dream back in Feb.
The dream is quite a bit larger than the legend--
Dream-- 130,000.00 tons--length-1004 ft-width-122ft-passengers-3646
Legend---88,500 tons-length-963 ft-width-106 ft.-passengers-2124.
Legend was built in 02--Dream less than a year old.
The Dream has a laser show on deck at night, a mini golf course, basketball ct.,a 303 ft long water slide and another one that's spiral and 104 ft long.
Basically it has more bells and whistles than the Legend.
Personally, if given the choice and the itinerary's were about the same, I would choose the Dream because it's so much newer and larger, has more to do, especially for kids.
Either would be a great cruise-- but as I said, personally for my choice, it would be the Dream--but--that's just me.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

All things being equal..itin, pricing, etc...go for the Dream.. All the kinks should be worked out by the time you sail....Nothing beats a new ship smell

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 24th, 2010, 12:12 AM
First Mate

I would look at the rating of the Legend as it has the highest rating of any Carnival ship on the other competitive board We did 49 day cruise on sister ship to Dream the Splendor and it was great but did not like going up and down floors to access the main dining room
Old July 24th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Admiral

Just a comment--the Dream has no sister ship yet--it's a first in a new class--the Splendor is slightly smaller at 113,000 tons-- not quite like the Dream--but as I say, to each his / her own.