Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2010, 03:31 PM
Passenger

Default Balcony shopping on the Fantasy

Hi, I've been on the Inspiration Vdeck with a balcony that wasn't worth the extra money vs the Sensation balcony on the Main deck that extended out w/clear railing hovering just above the water, which you can tell I loved. Can anybody compare the Fantasy balcony with either of those two so I can visualize in my brain better??

thx guys Marlee
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Carnival Fantasy is identical to the other two ships you named, so I think you can safely say you would have the same result. You should book the balcony you like, not the other one.
Old July 25th, 2010, 04:17 PM
Admiral

We had the cat#12 suite with the balcony looking right down at the water. We also didn' like the cat#11 V deck balcont room. The cat#12 room is bigger and so is the balcony.

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old July 25th, 2010, 07:22 PM
Familiar Face

You may want to go to Carnivals website and compare the deck plans for the Sensation and the Fantasy. After the evolutions upgrades there was some differences. The sensation actually had balconies added to exsisting oceanview cabins where the Fantasy did not. If yu are referring to the new added balconies, you won't find them on the Fantasy. The Fantasy still on has Cat 11 and Cat 12 Balconies.

Old July 29th, 2010, 04:35 PM
First Mate

I agree that the Cat 11 balconies on the Fantasy class ships are no big deal. They look down on a public deck instead of the water, have very little shade, and have no privacy. They look like the standard size balcony cabin even though they are marketed as a suite.

Cat 12 are great but can get a little expensive. I'm glad to see that Carnival is adding regular balconies to these ships, even though they look a bit odd the way they are tacked on.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old July 31st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Silly Rn - Remember how miserable we all were when we all tried to sit on that balcony overlooking a wooden deck and couldn't even fit our legs sitting down. We couldn't even fit one person in a chair at any given time. We had paid as much as I did for the Suite Cat 12 for the Glory in April 2008. The room and the deck was a major disappointment on The Inspiration Cat 11 suite as was the amount of money we all paid for even though we got alot of free perks and money discounts off. Think hard and long on it. My advice to you and your friend is you have talked so much about cruising on the Dream I would save my money and pay for the big suite on that ship and go to those islands instead. Flying into Orlando the day before is not a big deal and getting to the hotel and port is so easy. You have been to Nassau many times already go to St Thomas, St Martin on The Dream and get the ship and cabin of your dreams. Just a thought.

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old September 11th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Passenger

We have to have a balcony (I guess I am just spoiled that way!)
However, comparing sq. footage and photographs I can see that the V deck balconies are tiny. That's why we booked a grand suite on the U deck - the balconies are over twice as large!