Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2010, 02:40 AM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Valor

Hello one and all,

Just wanted to know if anyone has been on Valor?. I'm heading on in October and want to know what to expect. Family and I are going together and would like a small feed back of what you thought of The Valor.

Thanks.
Carnival Valor - (10/10/10) Western Caribbean

"HEY YOU!!, put down that Crackberri and pick up a martini!!!."
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Hi. My dh & I are going on Valor for our 3rd total time (him 2x, me 3x). I love Valor, obviously. Its a great ship, has great staff & has never failed to be an enjoyable cruise ship all the way round.
I am truly excited to take my dh to Roatan this time around & take the Victor Bodden tour (google). He will love the zipline experience as much as I did the first time. Are you all first time cruisers? If so, def read the forums about what to pack & what NOT to pack. We travel w/out our children so I can only tell you that many folks have enjoyed the kids programs for their own. I always take a single power strip b/c there are only TWO outlets in the whole cabin. This allows me to charge batteries, groom hair, & plug in a nightlight (a necessity imho). Take a small, collapsible cooler w/ you in your packed luggage & order sandwiches from room service the night before an excursion day. They are free, and you know you won't get any traveller's woes ashore. Ziploc baggies are great for this too. A day pack is helpful to cart all your goodies around in as well. We have a bag we bought 5 years ago on our first cruise that we still use. It's great for outfit changes during the day, water supplies, cameras, & purchases to be carried back onto the ship.
What else can I help you with knowing? I, for one, do take quite a few dresses b/c I choose to dress for dinner every night. I figure, "No kids, just me & him, dinner prepared for us, WHY not?"
Old August 4th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Admiral

We cruised on the Valor last Oct. and Loved it. We had the best waiter, Winston and assistant waiter, Opec. It was the first time that we gave extra tips to anyone on a cruise. Also since we don't always like the shows it was so nice to be able to go to the big screen at the pool deck in the evening.

Enjoy the cruise.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

DW an I were on the Valor 2 or 3 years ago and we loved it. The ship was clean and tidy. We had an aft Large balcony which was wonderful. Balcony was huge, Went on the Eastern Carib route-Bahamas, St Thomas and St Maartin. Absolutely beautiful.
We went in November, Temp of air and sun was very warm and temp of water was warm. We only had one day it sprinkled for 5 minutes. That was it.

Ship was wonderful. If you like fish and chips go the first day and avoid the lines. Burgers at lunch were fantastic. I can't say enough about this trip. It was and will be unforgettable.

T
Old August 29th, 2010, 12:57 AM
Familiar Face

Hello LadyDi, THANK YOU!, THANK YOU!, THANK YOU!. From what I've read from your post has and will definatly help me in October. We are not first time cruisers, but this will be our, my sister and NY cousin's first time on Carnival, others who are going have been on Carnival.

My first cruise was on Princess, second has been NCL, no complaints on either ship.

Where do I find the "What to pack and not to pack?" list? As for the power strip, I didn't know you were allowed to pack that (swear ya learn something new every day) ... Would a light weight backpack do the trick to hold all the necessary items once at port? ... as for the sandwiches, are there "Set" sandwiches or do you have a choice? (tuna? egg?, ham?) ... we have no children going with us for the simple fact, our future mother-in-laws haven't been born just yet. !!.

Everything in your post has been very, very helpful. Thank you again. I hope to type more questions to you as the date nears.
Carnival Valor - (10/10/10) Western Caribbean

"HEY YOU!!, put down that Crackberri and pick up a martini!!!."