Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Familiar Face

Default Dinning Room Seating

We are leaving on the Conquest the end of November I had opted for open seating but changed my mind.
My TA told me it is to late to reserve early seating and we will have to be on stand by (6people). Now I wonder what our chances will be to get in on the early seating especial on formal night.
How does does that work? Will someone just let us know if there is anything available or do we just stand around all decked out and nowhere to go hahaha.
Oh is there shampoo and blowdryer in the bathroom it would be one less thing to pack.
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd

If you can't get it resolved before you depart on your cruise. When you get on board, go and locate the maître d' of your assinged dinning room and ask to get your table changed. One cruise we were assinged a table that was in a bad location. I just spoke to the maître d', (and gave I him a monetary contribution), (tip), and the next thing, we were sitting next to the Captain's table. a perfect location.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC050131.jpg (92.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg PC080986.jpg (32.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 1043.jpg (90.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg PA190131.jpg (94.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg PA200202.jpg (95.0 KB, 8 views)

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I concur with dhudd. As soon as you board find out where the maitre'd is and see what can be done about changing your dining room assignments.

I personally enjoy open seating and it is much more flexible.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

My rule of thumb is to pack a travel hair dryer with the wattage YOU need, just in case the one onboard is broken,or not strong enough, as has happened to me.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 6th, 2010, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

You won't know until you pick up your sail & sign cards-they will have your dining assignment printed on them. If you don't get early then you can do as suggested. Getting six changed may be a problem though.

Shampoo in shower, blow dryer in cabin.

The Conquest is a great ship--enjoy!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old August 6th, 2010, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Um...if you are on "open seating" can't you just go to dinner when you want? Personally I would rather not go that dine at 6pm!
Old August 6th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leni View Post
We are leaving on the Conquest the end of November I had opted for open seating but changed my mind.
My TA told me it is to late to reserve early seating and we will have to be on stand by (6people). Now I wonder what our chances will be to get in on the early seating especial on formal night.
How does does that work? Will someone just let us know if there is anything available or do we just stand around all decked out and nowhere to go hahaha.
Oh is there shampoo and blowdryer in the bathroom it would be one less thing to pack.
Thank you
What date are you sailing on the Conquest? We are sailing on November 28th. We also asked for the anytime dining, but my mother-in-law and sister-in-law may what to join us. If this is the case, I don't think they will be able to get anytime dining, we may have to switch to the late seating.

The blow dryer is in a drawer in the cabin area where the vanity is at. There is shampoo and conditioner along with body wash in the bathrooms.