CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Riviera deck (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/375924-riviera-deck.html)

Gizmo August 7th, 2010 01:03 AM

Riviera deck

Just booked window room on the legend for NY Eve . Not much left and was puton Riviera deck . Have not stayed that low befoer usually stayed deck 6 .Will I feel the rocking of the ship more any negatives about being down there , Room also is across the way and up some from the dance club

david30101 August 7th, 2010 02:21 AM

Just more decks to climb to get to Lido pools etc. I never stayed on that level but in theary the lower you go in ship the less motion you feel. However, you will always feel some.

cherylroy August 7th, 2010 01:23 PM

I've stayed on the Riveria before - actually I LOVED it! And..I always get a balcony! That particular time it didn't work out, but I really enjoyed the deck. Have fun!

nlb1050 August 7th, 2010 02:37 PM

We have been on the lower/lowest decks the last few cruises and loved it. When there has been rougher water very little movement there compared to the upper decks.

skymaster August 8th, 2010 08:20 AM

I agree that the Riv Deck is excellent, as we usually wind up with a cabin there. Less motion, and only one deck away from all the action at night! Having said all that, there are a couple of areas that I avoid, because of possible noise. I usually won't accept one of the first 4 or 5 cabins in the bow, because it's so close to the big lounge (I'm referring to Spirit Class ships). Also, I've found that on those ships, the Starboard Side cabins are better, because on the deck above, on the Port side forward, there is a Jazz club, and you'll occasionally hear noise from that club, if you're directly under it. Other than that, Riviera Deck is truly excellent!
Have a GREAT cruse.

"SKY"

green_rd August 8th, 2010 04:04 PM

Stayed on the Riviera deck once. Plus - you are close to disembarkation (at ports of call not necessarily at the end of the cruise.) You are also closer to the lobby deck - a plus if you like the ground floor of the theatre. We always used the stairs except when going to the Lido - and did then a couple of times.
Minuses - on our cruise there seemed to be a lot of large groups with kids (it was spring break) so there was a lot of door slamming. Of course it was spring break so that might have been the case all over the ship. We did hear the ship drop anchor once. We also salied through a tropical depression and felt the motion of the ocean, but perhaps less so than the upper decks.

ShotoJuku August 8th, 2010 04:09 PM

The Riviera deck is just fine, no problems whatsoever. That being said, I would try NOT to get a stateroom too far forward into the bow of the ship.

Trip August 8th, 2010 04:34 PM

Another Riviera lovin cruiser!!

tink2002 August 8th, 2010 06:56 PM

1 cruise on Riviera deck, the other on Main. No problems on either. Of course, we didn't spend much time in the cabin, but we slept like babies on both decks.....aahhh...wish I were there:cool:

BunkoBabe August 10th, 2010 11:45 AM

I will have to agree on the Riviera deck. I think it is quieter and actually seemed a little cooler. In my opinion, any deck is perfect when one is on a cruise. ENJOY!

showcat August 11th, 2010 04:03 AM

Rivera deck

Let me tell you I love Rivera less motion and unlike the upper decks we never ran out of wash cloths etc! It's usually very quiet and just a quick flight of stairs to exit the ship at ports.8)

Cruznut2 August 11th, 2010 05:44 AM

Many times on Riviera deck and no problems ever. My upcoming cruise I am on Panorama deckforward. Going to be up where the action is for a change. Closer to my morning coffee!!

Laura

david30101 August 14th, 2010 09:59 PM

I like the V-Deck cabins on the Fantasy class ships. There isolated from the rest of the ship except the gym above which is normally closed at bedtime anyhow. Last cruise I had a balcony cabin there and it was quiet. Have another booked on the Inspiration (V-6) for Nov 20th 2010.
Ships motion has no effect with me. I own a boat and also spent time on a Navy Destroyer.

nibbler August 17th, 2010 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo (Post 1307980)
Just booked window room on the legend for NY Eve . Not much left and was puton Riviera deck . Have not stayed that low befoer usually stayed deck 6 .Will I feel the rocking of the ship more any negatives about being down there , Room also is across the way and up some from the dance club

I've stayed on the Riviera Deck and had no problems at all.