Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Beginner

Default Riviera deck

Just booked window room on the legend for NY Eve . Not much left and was puton Riviera deck . Have not stayed that low befoer usually stayed deck 6 .Will I feel the rocking of the ship more any negatives about being down there , Room also is across the way and up some from the dance club
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:21 AM
david30101

Just more decks to climb to get to Lido pools etc. I never stayed on that level but in theary the lower you go in ship the less motion you feel. However, you will always feel some.
Old August 7th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

I've stayed on the Riveria before - actually I LOVED it! And..I always get a balcony! That particular time it didn't work out, but I really enjoyed the deck. Have fun!
Old August 7th, 2010, 02:37 PM
Admiral

We have been on the lower/lowest decks the last few cruises and loved it. When there has been rougher water very little movement there compared to the upper decks.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old August 8th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Admiral

I agree that the Riv Deck is excellent, as we usually wind up with a cabin there. Less motion, and only one deck away from all the action at night! Having said all that, there are a couple of areas that I avoid, because of possible noise. I usually won't accept one of the first 4 or 5 cabins in the bow, because it's so close to the big lounge (I'm referring to Spirit Class ships). Also, I've found that on those ships, the Starboard Side cabins are better, because on the deck above, on the Port side forward, there is a Jazz club, and you'll occasionally hear noise from that club, if you're directly under it. Other than that, Riviera Deck is truly excellent!
Have a GREAT cruse.

"SKY"
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Admiral

Stayed on the Riviera deck once. Plus - you are close to disembarkation (at ports of call not necessarily at the end of the cruise.) You are also closer to the lobby deck - a plus if you like the ground floor of the theatre. We always used the stairs except when going to the Lido - and did then a couple of times.
Minuses - on our cruise there seemed to be a lot of large groups with kids (it was spring break) so there was a lot of door slamming. Of course it was spring break so that might have been the case all over the ship. We did hear the ship drop anchor once. We also salied through a tropical depression and felt the motion of the ocean, but perhaps less so than the upper decks.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old August 8th, 2010, 04:09 PM
First Mate

The Riviera deck is just fine, no problems whatsoever. That being said, I would try NOT to get a stateroom too far forward into the bow of the ship.

Old August 8th, 2010, 04:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Another Riviera lovin cruiser!!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old August 8th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Familiar Face

1 cruise on Riviera deck, the other on Main. No problems on either. Of course, we didn't spend much time in the cabin, but we slept like babies on both decks.....aahhh...wish I were there
Old August 10th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cruise Maniac

I will have to agree on the Riviera deck. I think it is quieter and actually seemed a little cooler. In my opinion, any deck is perfect when one is on a cruise. ENJOY!
Ecstasy - 2013
Old August 11th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Admiral

Default Rivera deck

Let me tell you I love Rivera less motion and unlike the upper decks we never ran out of wash cloths etc! It's usually very quiet and just a quick flight of stairs to exit the ship at ports.8)
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old August 11th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Many times on Riviera deck and no problems ever. My upcoming cruise I am on Panorama deckforward. Going to be up where the action is for a change. Closer to my morning coffee!!

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM
david30101

I like the V-Deck cabins on the Fantasy class ships. There isolated from the rest of the ship except the gym above which is normally closed at bedtime anyhow. Last cruise I had a balcony cabin there and it was quiet. Have another booked on the Inspiration (V-6) for Nov 20th 2010.
Ships motion has no effect with me. I own a boat and also spent time on a Navy Destroyer.
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Just booked window room on the legend for NY Eve . Not much left and was puton Riviera deck . Have not stayed that low befoer usually stayed deck 6 .Will I feel the rocking of the ship more any negatives about being down there , Room also is across the way and up some from the dance club
I've stayed on the Riviera Deck and had no problems at all.