CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Past Guest Recognition Program Perks (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/376469-past-guest-recognition-program-perks.html)

texaspepper August 27th, 2010 05:36 PM

Past Guest Recognition Program Perks

Since my wife and will be embarking on our 10th Carnival cruise soon, I was interested to see what the perks would be for this milestone. I found the following. Perhaps some of you seasoned Carnival travelers might be able to add or subtract what might have changed.

The Past Guest Recognition Program is the cruise club, or past passenger loyalty program, of Carnival Cruise Lines. By booking a Carnival cruise with us, we are able to honor all Past Guest benefits that Carnival offers you, plus we can give you added amenities that they won't. For example, we may be able to give you onboard credits, pre-paid gratuities, spa treatments, shore excursions, wine and/or other amenities (based on the exact trip you book). If you'd like to take advantage of Past Guest benefits you must book with us over the phone and (prior to pricing anything out) mention to the reservations agent that you are a Past Guest of Carnival Cruises. This will ensure that you will get the best Carnival cruise deal possible!

There are 2 Past Guest levels: Gold and Platinum (Carnival Concierge Club). See below for specific details about this program.

Gold Member (Benefits start on your second Carnival cruise)
• Exclusive past guest offers
• Special Gold Sail & Sign card
• Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

Platinum Member - Carnival Concierge Club (Goes into effect on your tenth Carnival cruise)
All Gold member benefits, plus Carnival Platinum benefits* including:
• Personalized stationery
• A special Carnival logo item
• Guaranteed dining times and steakhouse reservations
• Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**
• Spa Carnival priority reservations
• Petit fours and/or canapιs delivered to cabin*** one evening
• Complimentary wash and fold laundry service
• Priority tender boarding
• Priority embarkation and debarkation
• Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 dollars for guests under 18 years of age

NEW! Platinum Member - Milestone
Sail and celebrate your Carnival "milestone" with their exciting new guest recognition program. Past guests who sail on a "milestone" 25th, 50th and 75th "Fun Ship" cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that particular voyage. And, for your 100th earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaskan voyage up to eight days in length. These "milestone" cruise benefits are in addition to the other amenities and privileges of being a "Platinum" cardholder.

Shipboard credits and free cruises received for "milestone" cruises are non-transferable and non-refundable. Certain other restrictions apply.

*Benefits subject to change
**Must be at least 18 years of age
*** Must be on a 7 Day or longer cruise

The information listed on this page is provided by our agency as a courtesy to our web site users. Please verify terms and conditions of this program, and verify all information listed on this page, directly with Carnival Cruise Lines. We are not responsible for alterations and/or omissions of the Past Guest Recognition Program benefits and/or policies made by Carnival Cruise Lines. We are also not responsible if the cruise line does not fulfill any promised amenities of their past passenger program. This program is subject to change at any time, without notice.

zydecocruiser August 27th, 2010 07:36 PM

Here is the link to the programs on Carnival's website:
Past Guest Recognition Program | Carnival Cruise Lines

Dwayne August 28th, 2010 12:43 AM

For Platinum you can add Personalized Galley Tour.

lhp August 28th, 2010 10:46 AM

VIP should print out on your FunPass ON your 10th cruise. If it does not, you need to check with someone.

You simply show the VIP Fun Pass to the Carnival Rep at Embarkation and they will direct you to the VIP Check In.

Also, if you use the free wash and fold...make sure you write "Platinum Free Wash and Fold" on the ticket and on the bag. This will prevent you from being accidently charged for the service....since you use the same bag and laundry tag that everyone else does.

I also never send anything sentimental or delicate....since they are all thrown in a laundry mesh bag and washed with other laundry mesh bags.

Enjoy!

texaspepper August 28th, 2010 11:02 AM

Good suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by lhp (Post 1313271)
VIP should print out on your FunPass ON your 10th cruise. If it does not, you need to check with someone.

You simply show the VIP Fun Pass to the Carnival Rep at Embarkation and they will direct you to the VIP Check In.

Also, if you use the free wash and fold...make sure you write "Platinum Free Wash and Fold" on the ticket and on the bag. This will prevent you from being accidently charged for the service....since you use the same bag and laundry tag that everyone else does.

I also never send anything sentimental or delicate....since they are all thrown in a laundry mesh bag and washed with other laundry mesh bags.

Enjoy!

IHP, thanks for the good suggestions and will be sure to follow the VIP and Wash and Fold. Appreciate your extensive cruise history and your experience.

If you care to view some of our cruise photo you can see them here

briguy August 30th, 2010 01:55 PM

I heard the galley tour no longer exists. They used to have one just for Platinum guests and on my last cruise a bunch of non plats crashed the event so it was overcrowded. I dont think the galley tour is all that intersting to begin with...laundry perk good and the debark is a good one if they do it right...Carnival can keep the rest..

Kimbopolo August 30th, 2010 03:42 PM

The only perk that's worth it to me is the priority embarkation.

texaspepper August 30th, 2010 03:50 PM

Think I agree

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbopolo (Post 1313760)
The only perk that's worth it to me is the priority embarkation.

Cruise ship companies have made so many cutbacks on perks. . .it nothing what it used to be. We are Platinum on Royal Caribbean and not much there anymore.