Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2010, 06:09 PM
Passenger

Question Carnival Miracle vs. Caribbean Princess

I posted this under Princess as well:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next summer it may break down to a choice between these two ships.

My family group just did the Explorer OTS and we all had a great time.
We are looking to cruise again.

We are 4 married couples:

1. Aged: 43, 40 with 2 kids - who will be 6 and 9.
2. Aged 40 and 35 with 3 kids - twins, 5 and a 2 1/2 year old.
3. Parents set 1 - late 60s
4. Parents set 2 - late 60s

In regard to our ages and the kids ages and the fact we really enjoyed Explorer (I'd do it again), what is best suited for all of us?
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2010, 08:29 AM
Admiral

Both are GREAT ships, with wonderful crews! We've done both of these ships multiple times, and honestly can't recommend one over the other. Needless to say, the Caribbean Princess is much larger, but that may, or may not be a plus. I think "Miracle" may well have a better kids program. Bottom line, I think I'd base my decision on itinerary, and price.
(We're doing "Miracle" again in November, to the Southern Caribbean. Can't wait, but I'd do the Princess again in a heartbeat as well.)

"SKY"
Old September 2nd, 2010, 10:34 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Both are GREAT ships, with wonderful crews! We've done both of these ships multiple times, and honestly can't recommend one over the other. Needless to say, the Caribbean Princess is much larger, but that may, or may not be a plus. I think "Miracle" may well have a better kids program. Bottom line, I think I'd base my decision on itinerary, and price.
(We're doing "Miracle" again in November, to the Southern Caribbean. Can't wait, but I'd do the Princess again in a heartbeat as well.)

"SKY"
Thanks.

I am getting the impression I'd be happy with both.

I like the bigger ships for certain aspects, but then I miss some of the charm of the more intimate smaller cruise.

This is a toughy. Pricewise, Miracle will most likely be cheaper. It is one less day for starters. Ports are not deciding factor- either seems ok with me.

I think I have to gauge this by the others.

The kids are a big factor, though I am hearing that Princess has a great kids program too.
I think I wonder about the smaller program with the Miracle vs. the more facilities but more volume of kids with the Princess.