CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   CCL to switch Paradise/Inspiration (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/376606-ccl-switch-paradise-inspiration.html)

jleq September 2nd, 2010 02:27 PM

CCL to switch Paradise/Inspiration

Carnival cruise ships in Tampa, Long Beach to swap roles - USATODAY.com

skymaster September 2nd, 2010 02:50 PM

Yep, we hate to lose the "Inspiration" as she's a GREAT ship, and I've enjoyed many relaxing cruises aboard this wonderful vessel. On the other hand, "Paradise" is a couple of years younger than "Inspiration", and will no doubt get a refit soon, so it may work out in Tampas favor. Only time will tell, but I must say that you West Coast Cruisers are getting a wonderful ship.

"SKY"

DeepSpace September 3rd, 2010 01:26 AM

We will miss that ship. Our second cruise ever was on the Inspiration, and we still have the pictures and gifts from a great trip.

ShotoJuku September 3rd, 2010 04:51 AM

I too will miss INSPIRATION as she was my first CCL ship experience; I'm sailing on her again for the third time this November. That being said though, I welcome the opportunity to sail on the PARADISE once she settles into her new home port of TAMPA.

Perhaps Tampa's other ship, the LEGEND, will swap out with another ship sooner than later too??

briguy September 3rd, 2010 11:07 AM

Other than offering 2 Panama canal cruises whats the point of switching homeports especially if the ships are of the same class?

skymaster September 3rd, 2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by briguy (Post 1314603)
Other than offering 2 Panama canal cruises whats the point of switching homeports especially if the ships are of the same class?

It's been suggested that the object is to get "Paradise" to the East coast for refurb. (Adding the Water Works Thingy) Don't know if that's the case or not, but at least it makes sense.

"SKY"

blueliner September 3rd, 2010 03:53 PM

It is probably so the Paradise can get in for her refurbishment and get all the new amenities added. Every ship in that class is supposed to get the refurb by 2012 I believe.

lovepea September 3rd, 2010 08:15 PM

While you Floridians may be sad to lose your Inspiration, I will definitely miss the Paradise! I think she's also a great ship.

superkid September 6th, 2010 03:22 AM

The Carnival Paradise was the ship that i went on for my very first cruise in April of 2005. Can't wait for the Carnival Inspiration to come to the west coast.

Insider September 12th, 2010 01:30 PM

I am excited to see the Paradise go to Flordia. Was our first family cruise. Once she is in Tampa I can visit my sister and cruise on the same vacation.

Snoozeman September 12th, 2010 02:56 PM

Just off the Carnival Paradise and really enjoyed the ship. The decor was great, the food and staff were great. I liked it better than the Splendor.

I am considering the canal cruise.

California Dreaming September 23rd, 2010 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovepea (Post 1314738)
While you Floridians may be sad to lose your Inspiration, I will definitely miss the Paradise! I think she's also a great ship.

I second that! I'll miss the Paradise, and look forward to getting acquainted with the Inspiration.

jpmaximus January 30th, 2012 04:18 PM

Im very excited! Looking forward to sailing on a Carnival ship i havent been on before.

Cruznut2 January 30th, 2012 08:10 PM

I was on Inspiration for her last Tampa cruise. We had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the cruise a lot. Loved the Serenity deck. Very relaxing to lie on a lounge and watch the wake slip away. Music playing softly.

Laura