CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Lunch the first day (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/376630-lunch-first-day.html)

CarolinaGirl September 3rd, 2010 02:32 PM

Lunch the first day
 
When you get on the ship the first day, can you get lunch at the buffet? I thought we'd get there around 11:30 or noon from our hotel, and then eat lunch on the ship.

Trip September 3rd, 2010 03:20 PM

The buffet will be ready for you when you board ...enjoy..eat hardy:)

blueliner September 3rd, 2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl (Post 1314665)
When you get on the ship the first day, can you get lunch at the buffet? I thought we'd get there around 11:30 or noon from our hotel, and then eat lunch on the ship.

Yes, in fact the buffet is the only lunch option you have when you board the ship. Do not be to discouraged by the number of people at the buffet on the first day. Because that is the only lunch option open, that is where everybody will be. It will not be that crowded during the remainder of your cruise, as other dining options will be open.

Trip September 3rd, 2010 03:45 PM

Good point about it being crowded...Most time sharing is welcomed, but be prepared for a no, as I got once....the bum:)

blueliner September 3rd, 2010 03:48 PM

I just could not imagine someone not wanting to let you sit down and have liunch with them! You would always be welcome at my table, Trip!

Trip September 3rd, 2010 04:02 PM

Scott..mwah!

texaspepper September 3rd, 2010 06:02 PM

What ship are you sailing?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl (Post 1314665)
When you get on the ship the first day, can you get lunch at the buffet? I thought we'd get there around 11:30 or noon from our hotel, and then eat lunch on the ship.

What ship are you sailing? Out of which port?

When we sail out of our port of choice, Galveston, TX, be it CCL Conquest, Ecstasy or Royal Caribbean, we are always on board and having lunch on the Lido deck by 12:00PM. The tip I can give you is to pack your swim suit or sun clothes on your carry on bag. After lunch you can hit the pool, hot tubs or just go up the top deck and walk. Your check in bags will not be at your state room door until between 1:30 - 2:30 or could be later.

Have you got you packing list made? Must takes and mistakes?

Dutchman September 4th, 2010 11:47 AM

Make sure you walk around and check out all the options for food on the Lido deck.

dhudd September 6th, 2010 02:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Yes...you can eat at the Buffet or anywhere else that serves food...even room service.
We always first get a "Drink of the Day" and go to check out our stateroom, then we'll go to the "Buffet". If the Buffet lines are too long, then go up stairs to the "Fish & Chips" station...It's great, (if you class of ship has one).

mlschef September 6th, 2010 10:57 PM

As others have said, yes, enjoy the buffet.

My comment is how amazing the crew is to be able to provide food. Remember, they had a breakfast set up for the passengers leaving, and a lunch set for the new group. And they are also restocking for the next cruise at the same time. Not to mention, they have to start preparing for the dinning experience that evening.
It amazes me the way they pull all of this off.

Dave the Wave September 7th, 2010 03:06 PM

Beer is food :cool:

CarolinaGirl September 8th, 2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspepper (Post 1314729)
What ship are you sailing? Out of which port?


Have you got you packing list made? Must takes and mistakes?

We're sailing out of Charleston on the Fantasy. I've started on my packing list. This is our first cruise so I'm trying to figure out all the necessities.

texaspepper September 8th, 2010 12:19 PM

Good Choice
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl (Post 1315506)
We're sailing out of Charleston on the Fantasy. I've started on my packing list. This is our first cruise so I'm trying to figure out all the necessities.

Carnival Fantasy is a nice ship. We sailed Fantasy last July 3rd out of New Orleans. Fantasy has been refurbed and the food was good. . .better than I had expected. Tip about packing. .take a small flashlite, small battery clock to set by the bed, 3-4 input power strip. ..there is only one electrical outlet in the room. . .and stop by a Dollar Store and pick up a door hanging shoe bag. . works great hanging on the inside of the bathroom door . . .counter space is limited in bathroom. . .so you can put all the needed things in the shoe hanger. .hair spray, shaving items, tooth brushes. . .you got the idea.

If want to see our photos of Fantasy go here

CarolinaGirl September 8th, 2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspepper (Post 1315513)
Tip about packing. .take a small flashlite, small battery clock to set by the bed, 3-4 input power strip. ..there is only one electrical outlet in the room. . .and stop by a Dollar Store and pick up a door hanging shoe bag. . works great hanging on the inside of the bathroom door . . .counter space is limited in bathroom. . .so you can put all the needed things in the shoe hanger. .hair spray, shaving items, tooth brushes. . .you got the idea.

Thanks for the tips. I had the power strip on my list, I had an alarm clock but battery is probably better. And the shoe bag is a great idea I hadn't thought of.

texaspepper September 8th, 2010 04:32 PM

One more thought
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl (Post 1315515)
Thanks for the tips. I had the power strip on my list, I had an alarm clock but battery is probably better. And the shoe bag is a great idea I hadn't thought of.

Don't know how many will be traveling with you, but wife and I always take walki talkies . . .good quality. Can keep in touch anywhere on ship or in ports of call. She like to shop and I like to walk and look. When she is ready she calls me and we meet. On board, I can be in the buffet for breakfast and she calls me and we meet. I am a breakfast guy . .she is a start the day with lunch gal.

Master Chief September 8th, 2010 06:59 PM

When someone mentioned to me a few cruises ago that they always take an over the door plastic shoe bag I thought they were nuts :-). But nothing ventured nothing gained so I went to Wally World and bought one. Then my wife thought I was nuts. Well, were we both surprised at the benefit of the hanging shoe bag. It kept all the clutter off the counters and you could see exactly what was where. Another thing I always pack is a roll ofr duct tape. Not one of the big silver commercial type but a small one. Again my wife thought I was crazy. However when the rented tux was delivered to the cabin the whole back bottom of the jacket was hanging out as the thread had broken. No sweat, just used the duct tape to hold it up. And now I always have it. Of course it was someone else's idea and I just copied it. Hope this helps.

texaspepper September 8th, 2010 07:10 PM

Right On
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chief (Post 1315570)
When someone mentioned to me a few cruises ago that they always take an over the door plastic shoe bag I thought they were nuts :-). But nothing ventured nothing gained so I went to Wally World and bought one. Then my wife thought I was nuts. Well, were we both surprised at the benefit of the hanging shoe bag. It kept all the clutter off the counters and you could see exactly what was where. Another thing I always pack is a roll ofr duct tape. Not one of the big silver commercial type but a small one. Again my wife thought I was crazy. However when the rented tux was delivered to the cabin the whole back bottom of the jacket was hanging out as the thread had broken. No sweat, just used the duct tape to hold it up. And now I always have it. Of course it was someone else's idea and I just copied it. Hope this helps.

Thorn. . .I am with you on the duct tape. Every man should have a roll of duct tape! Ya, that shoe bag on the door is the greatest. Thanks for the back up on the shoe bag.

Chris M September 9th, 2010 10:04 PM

Did I hear Correctly?
 
I thought I read in another thread some time ago that the Dream has added lunch upon embarkation in the dining room in addition to the Lido buffet? I assume to reduce the crowding in the Lido area. Does anyone know if this is correct? I was on the Dream in April but either did not know this was the case or this truly is not the case.

Thank you!

ANGSWIN September 11th, 2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaspepper (Post 1315513)
If want to see our photos of Fantasy go here

Thanks for the photos!
We are sailing on the Fantasy in Dec.
Can't wait!

CarolinaGirl September 15th, 2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chief (Post 1315570)
When someone mentioned to me a few cruises ago that they always take an over the door plastic shoe bag I thought they were nuts :-). But nothing ventured nothing gained so I went to Wally World and bought one. Then my wife thought I was nuts. Well, were we both surprised at the benefit of the hanging shoe bag. It kept all the clutter off the counters and you could see exactly what was where. Another thing I always pack is a roll ofr duct tape.

I got a small shoe bag that goes over the door knob a the dollar store. The duct tape idea is a good one too, I'll have to get a small roll. I've got a bag started with all our cruise stuff so it will be ready to pack when the time comes. I'm so excited that I'm surprised I haven't packed already! LOL

texaspepper September 16th, 2010 09:39 AM

Cruise Board
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl (Post 1315506)
We're sailing out of Charleston on the Fantasy. I've started on my packing list. This is our first cruise so I'm trying to figure out all the necessities.

I noticed your Cruise Count Down logo is from uCruise. I am on that board. Are you on there also? If so, what name?

Ojos September 16th, 2010 03:39 PM

Yes, the buffet is waiting, but I always pre-order something for Carnival.com to be waiting in our Stateroom so we can avoid the lines.

texaspepper September 16th, 2010 04:48 PM

Interesting
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ojos (Post 1317277)
Yes, the buffet is waiting, but I always pre-order something for Carnival.com to be waiting in our Stateroom so we can avoid the lines.

Preorder as in . . .calling, do so at booking??? What class of stateroom do you stay in?

Just my personal thoughts. . .but we like going direct to the Lido Deck and get the food choices we like and scoping out the "clientele" who will be our neighbors for the next 7 days of cruising. Always fun to see guests that are on board for the first time and they see the buffet and foods for the first time. :D

Ojos September 16th, 2010 05:18 PM

I login to Cruise Deals, Discount Cruises, and Cruise Vacations ? Carnival Cruise Lines, and order online. I follow links in this order: "Manage My Cruises," [link to my cruise booking number], "MY ACTIVITIES" tab, "PRE-CRUISE" "shop activities"...

SUSAN CURTIS September 18th, 2010 12:41 AM

power strips are no longer allowed on board. Ya, I know I don't know how I'll get ready without two curling irons going.

SUSAN CURTIS September 18th, 2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ojos (Post 1317277)
Yes, the buffet is waiting, but I always pre-order something for Carnival.com to be waiting in our Stateroom so we can avoid the lines.

Can you give me an example of what you order and how you do that? Thank you.

zydecocruiser September 18th, 2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SUSAN CURTIS (Post 1317589)
power strips are no longer allowed on board. Ya, I know I don't know how I'll get ready without two curling irons going.

Two words - Dual Voltage.

There is a 110v and a 220 volt outlet typically in a Carnival stateroom.

On our recent Carnival Triumph cruise there were two 110v outlets and one 220v. If the 110s are on the same circuit, two heating devices might blow the breaker. Your mileage my vary. :cool:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1