CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Comedy club on the Legend and Valor? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/376709-comedy-club-legend-valor.html)

BGrow September 7th, 2010 09:10 PM

Comedy club on the Legend and Valor?

OK, so we are trying to decide between the Legend and the Valor. Aside from the Fish n Chips and the aft pool area (both of which really only matter on the 2 sea days since we'll be gone during the shore days), which has better entertainment and balcony room placement? I think we would definately enjoy the comedy club if it had one. Anything else that can make this decision easier? I just want to pick one so we can start counting down the days! Thanks all!

showcat September 8th, 2010 01:55 AM

The Legend does not have a comedy club but has excellent comedians in the main showroom, the Valor has a comedy club you need to line up for tickets for. Both have lot's of good bands and shows. I've been on the Glory the Valor's sister ship, and the Legend twice. I think the decor on the Valor looks nicer, but I prefer the layout on the Legend it's easier to get around the dining room area without going up or down decks. The Legend has this weird Urn theme. But I would choose your cruise by which ports you want to go to, and or the amount of sea days. I know that you will enjoy which ever ship you choose! Not sure about the balcony placement.

BGrow September 8th, 2010 07:50 AM

Thanks Showcat. The itineraries and ports are the same so that is what makes choosing the ship so difficult. I know we will love whichever we pick, I just like to hear the "expert's" input. Thanks!

big apple September 8th, 2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showcat (Post 1315444)
The Legend does not have a comedy club but has excellent comedians in the main showroom, the Valor has a comedy club you need to line up for tickets for. Both have lot's of good bands and shows. I've been on the Glory the Valor's sister ship, and the Legend twice. I think the decor on the Valor looks nicer, but I prefer the layout on the Legend it's easier to get around the dining room area without going up or down decks. The Legend has this weird Urn theme. But I would choose your cruise by which ports you want to go to, and or the amount of sea days. I know that you will enjoy which ever ship you choose! Not sure about the balcony placement.

I THOUGHT all Carnival ships were to have comedy shows by the end of the year. Am I wrong?

showcat September 9th, 2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big apple (Post 1315527)
I THOUGHT all Carnival ships were to have comedy shows by the end of the year. Am I wrong?

They all do have comedy shows I think, but the Legend does not have a separate comedy club like the Valor, the shows are done in the main show room or were when I sailed her. I love the comedy shows they have some really good talent. If I had to choose ships with the same ports I would choose the Valor cause I haven't sailed her and pictures I seen on line it looks like a beautiful ship. I love the layout of the Legend and the pools better but I'd choose the Valor if that's not important to you. I would also consider if they are sailing from the same port or different ones. I am going from Miami next cruise but having seen prices of hotels there I wished I picked a cruise from Tampa or Fort Lauderdale instead. Hope this helps let us know what you decide!