Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Familiar Face

Default Comedy club on the Legend and Valor?

OK, so we are trying to decide between the Legend and the Valor. Aside from the Fish n Chips and the aft pool area (both of which really only matter on the 2 sea days since we'll be gone during the shore days), which has better entertainment and balcony room placement? I think we would definately enjoy the comedy club if it had one. Anything else that can make this decision easier? I just want to pick one so we can start counting down the days! Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2010, 01:55 AM
Admiral

The Legend does not have a comedy club but has excellent comedians in the main showroom, the Valor has a comedy club you need to line up for tickets for. Both have lot's of good bands and shows. I've been on the Glory the Valor's sister ship, and the Legend twice. I think the decor on the Valor looks nicer, but I prefer the layout on the Legend it's easier to get around the dining room area without going up or down decks. The Legend has this weird Urn theme. But I would choose your cruise by which ports you want to go to, and or the amount of sea days. I know that you will enjoy which ever ship you choose! Not sure about the balcony placement.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old September 8th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks Showcat. The itineraries and ports are the same so that is what makes choosing the ship so difficult. I know we will love whichever we pick, I just like to hear the "expert's" input. Thanks!
Old September 8th, 2010, 02:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat View Post
The Legend does not have a comedy club but has excellent comedians in the main showroom, the Valor has a comedy club you need to line up for tickets for. Both have lot's of good bands and shows. I've been on the Glory the Valor's sister ship, and the Legend twice. I think the decor on the Valor looks nicer, but I prefer the layout on the Legend it's easier to get around the dining room area without going up or down decks. The Legend has this weird Urn theme. But I would choose your cruise by which ports you want to go to, and or the amount of sea days. I know that you will enjoy which ever ship you choose! Not sure about the balcony placement.
I THOUGHT all Carnival ships were to have comedy shows by the end of the year. Am I wrong?
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:19 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by big apple View Post
I THOUGHT all Carnival ships were to have comedy shows by the end of the year. Am I wrong?
They all do have comedy shows I think, but the Legend does not have a separate comedy club like the Valor, the shows are done in the main show room or were when I sailed her. I love the comedy shows they have some really good talent. If I had to choose ships with the same ports I would choose the Valor cause I haven't sailed her and pictures I seen on line it looks like a beautiful ship. I love the layout of the Legend and the pools better but I'd choose the Valor if that's not important to you. I would also consider if they are sailing from the same port or different ones. I am going from Miami next cruise but having seen prices of hotels there I wished I picked a cruise from Tampa or Fort Lauderdale instead. Hope this helps let us know what you decide!
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean