CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Luggage tags (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/376765-luggage-tags.html)

CarolinaGirl September 10th, 2010 03:07 PM

Luggage tags

I just printed out my luggage tags yesterday, and I'm not sure how to attach them to the luggage. Do I fold them and put a string through them?

linalcaplan September 10th, 2010 03:14 PM

Fold them along the lines. You CAN just tape them or string them together, but we feel safer using packing tape over the entire surface, others laminate them. You don't want them to rip off!

blueliner September 10th, 2010 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl (Post 1315854)
I just printed out my luggage tags yesterday, and I'm not sure how to attach them to the luggage. Do I fold them and put a string through them?

Just hold the paper up with the printed side facing you, you will see the paper is sectioned into thirds with the actual luggage tag in the middle. Fold the outer third sections back behind the middle section on the left side and the right side so that the only part showing is the actual tag that was in the middle. Then simply put the tag through the luggage handle and either tape or staple them into place.

BobMiller September 10th, 2010 03:30 PM

We always fly the day before and stay in a hotel the night before our cruise but don't want the airline messing up or getting confused by the cruise tag. We take roll of clear, wide packing tape in our carry on.

The morning of the cruise we fold the tag as indicated then put a strip of tape on printed side leaving an extra 1/2 inch of tape at each end. Then fold the tag around the handle and stick the 1/2 inch ends of tape together. The tag is now laminated but not real secure unless the tape is wider than the tag.

If the tape is not wider than the tag: Press the tag together near the luggage handle and wrap the tape around the tag once. It will now be secure enough that you'll need small scissors or clippers to get the tag off, and no tape is stuck to your bag.

You can also get the traditional elastic and cardboard tags from the porters at the ship, but you have to spend a little time at the port filling out and attaching the tags.

Mike M September 10th, 2010 03:52 PM

I do the "packing tape lamination" method. I then take a hole punch and punch a hole at the top of the tag. I then put them with my other travel documents.

Before I get on the ship, either at the hotel or the airport, I will take out the luggage tags and attach the tags to my bags with a cable tie. Just throw a few ties in your travel wallet or carry-on.

Ahh: I remember the days when you received your tags and documents in a fine document wallet. Those days are long gone. Unless you sail on the lux lines. :)

Take care,
Mike

briguy September 10th, 2010 04:02 PM

I attach them as is and I have yet to have an issue. Too much other crap to think about..

nlb1050 September 10th, 2010 05:05 PM

I use packing tape on them. I also print them on card stock paper to help make them stronger.

SUSAN CURTIS September 11th, 2010 01:42 AM

I use packing tape to laminate them. Then I punch a hole on the tops and use hair ties to loop them on the luggage. Stronger then rubber bands.

CarolinaGirl September 11th, 2010 04:20 PM

Thanks everyone. I do have access to a laminator, I"m going to look at the luggage tag better and figure out whether a laminator or the packing tape will work better. You can tell I usually only travel by car. lol