CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Paradise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/376890-carnival-paradise.html)

Snoozeman September 15th, 2010 12:04 PM

Carnival Paradise

I enjoyed my 4-day Carnival Paradise cruise last week. IMHO-The two ports of call were better than the two we got on the Splendor 7-day the week before. Ensenada and Catalina Island are fun! I also thought the food was better on the Paradise. I liked the theme and decor of the ship very much. I have a review on my blog (too long to post here) if your interested.

Has any one else sailed the Paradise lately? What was your opinion?

I'm really considering the Panama canal cruise on her next year.

ScurvyDog September 15th, 2010 12:35 PM

Very nice review.

Check it out. :p

Ojos September 15th, 2010 02:29 PM

No, but I'm embarking on it Dec. 31st, 2010!

My wife and I are going to be celebrating my Retirement as well as New Year's Eve onboard. I'm glad to see a good review of it.

powderyoli September 21st, 2010 04:07 AM

No, but I sail on Sept 27!!! I will read your review.

Kimbopolo September 21st, 2010 05:27 PM

Snoozeman,

I've been meaning to tell you I read your last 2 reviews recently and really enjoyed them. Makes it even harder to wait till November, though! :-)

Snoozeman September 21st, 2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbopolo (Post 1318453)
Snoozeman,

I've been meaning to tell you I read your last 2 reviews recently and really enjoyed them. Makes it even harder to wait till November, though! :-)

Thank you very much--I appreciate it.

suesings September 22nd, 2010 08:49 PM

Hi, great review for the Paradise! My friend and I are going on the December 27th trip. I have not cruised on Carnival since September of 1989!! It was my first cruise ever and I really detested the food and pretty much stopped eating on board except for some cereal. It really put me off of cruising for quite a while but then I tried RCCL 4 times and liked it, then a Disney and a Costa and liked both of them.

So.....I am FINALLY going to try Carnival again LOL, 21 years later. My friend and I only have 5 days to spare and we can drive to Long Beach (and you can't beat the price for that time of year). I am so happy to hear that you liked the food. I love food and really love going to dinner, etc.

Did you happen to keep any of the Daily Schedule of events?

Thank you again and I am now really looking forward to it so much!
Sue
:D

California Dreaming September 23rd, 2010 12:04 AM

Hi Snoozeman, I've been on the Paradise once before (January '09) for the four-day Catalina/Ensenada trip, and loved it. I went went a group of 12 colleagues and they provided one of the lounges for a morning meeting space each day. I thought the food was great, the service excellent and the ship was very well kept. I've got 2 more Paradise cruises booked before she leaves Southern California - one weekend in November and one 4-day next May. I'll miss her!

Snoozeman September 23rd, 2010 12:15 AM

CADreaming: Yes, I agree, I really liked the ship a lot. I've pulled that Paradise canal cruise up twice and really looked at it seriously. Too early for air quotes, but I may just hold a cabin-just in case.

sue: You will love it. The food was good. The Mongolian grill is very good.

California Dreaming September 23rd, 2010 12:57 AM

Snoozeman, would LOVE to do the Panama. I hope you decide to; I'll get to read your blog about it! Thanks for your reviews!