Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Admiral

Question Category 4J - Conquest class

Conquest class ships have a class 4J Interior cabin with picture window and obstructed view. It looks like they are all forward and have some deck between the window and railing. I suppose you could have people milling about in front of your window.

Has anybody here booked one of these cabins? What did you think? Would you do it again?

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Sponsored Links
Old September 21st, 2010, 05:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I just got back from Carnival Liberty and had one of these rooms. I loved it. There is a huge deck out there accessible from a door in the hallway. Since this open space is not accessible from outside decks it is not crowded out there at all. I had room 1004 on Panorama deck. This is a handicapped accessible room but the 2 rooms next to it, 1002 and 1001 are not HA. Room 1003 is HA. The drawback was that some people wanted to be out there in the late hours and slammed the door on the way through. If you keep the curtains shut you will be fine. However I did hear noise out there one late night and peeked out . I enjoyed the convienience to the Lido. I absolutely would do it again, great location.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old September 21st, 2010, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Good to hear Laura. I've never had one, but I have one booked on Glory, week before the B4. Thought I'd get one cabin as far forward as I could get then one as far aft as I could get.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old September 21st, 2010, 08:50 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
I just got back from Carnival Liberty and had one of these rooms. I loved it. There is a huge deck out there accessible from a door in the hallway. Since this open space is not accessible from outside decks it is not crowded out there at all. I had room 1004 on Panorama deck. This is a handicapped accessible room but the 2 rooms next to it, 1002 and 1001 are not HA. Room 1003 is HA. The drawback was that some people wanted to be out there in the late hours and slammed the door on the way through. If you keep the curtains shut you will be fine. However I did hear noise out there one late night and peeked out . I enjoyed the convienience to the Lido. I absolutely would do it again, great location.

Laura
I don't think people were intentionlly slamming those doors. Those doors are hard to open with the wind and suction from the front of this ship. If you're not holding on tight, the wind can slam the door shut.
Old September 24th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had two of these cabins on the Glory recently and loved them!! We had cabins 6203 & 6205. 6205 was a handicapped accessable cabin. There was virtually no traffic on the deck in front of the cabin the whole cruise, so it was like having a huge balcony to ourselves. No lounge chairs though, and only a couple of wooden benches to sit on. Heres a few pics.

View out the window of 6205

Deck area in front of cabin

Only place to sit
Previous Cruises since 1985 Carnival (32) - Holiday X4, Jubilee, Celebration X3, Fantasy X2, Ecstasy, Sensation X2, Fascination X2, Destiny X2, Victory, Triumph X2, Glory X2, Legend X3, Pride X2, Miracle X3, Dream, Splendor
Cunard - Countess
NCL - Norway
Premier - Rembrandt
Celebrity - Zenith
RCI - Explorer of the Seas

Old May 16th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post

Laura
My husband and I are going on the Liberty in 10 days and we are also in room 1004. We're really excited, but I just saw online today that the beds can't be converted to a queen/king bed. Is that the case??
Old May 17th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hi The beds cannot be pushed together in this cabin. I enjoyed the cabin as it was large. It is built for wheelchairs. The bathroom is huge and has a bench in the shower to sit on. Enjoy your cruise.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain