CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Summer 2011 Honeymoon Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/377055-summer-2011-honeymoon-cruise.html)

Sam22 September 22nd, 2010 06:09 PM

Summer 2011 Honeymoon Cruise

Hey! My fiancee and I are planning a cruise for our honeymoon in August. Based on the time of sailings, we've narrowed it down to four possible cruises. I'm just wondering if anyone has anything advice about which ships are better and that sort of thing. All our options are sailing on August 21st and the ships are:
Carnival Freedom
Carnival Valour
Carnival Legend
Carnival Pride

Okay..that's it, let me know what you guys think! Thanks a lot!

green_rd September 23rd, 2010 08:53 AM

Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials.

Freedom and Valor are Conquest class ships while Legend and Pride are Spirit class ships. The two classes of ships are configured somewhat differently but you should find the activities on board to be pretty much the same. Of the four Freedom is the newest ship (I think). None of them are exactly a bucket of bolts.

While we might debate on this board whether we prefer Spirit or Conquest class, I'm sure you will enjoy a cruise on any of them.

Sam22 September 23rd, 2010 04:10 PM

thanks...i didn't really think I could go wrong with any of them. The Valor and Legend both have the same itinerary, the only difference being the order and that one leaves from Tampa and the other from Miami, so the only real difference is the ship.

wfactortravel September 24th, 2010 10:26 AM

God Bless you both for your incoming wedding. As far as I know Carnival Freedom is the first Conquest-class ship to feature the Adult-only.

**commercial link removed**

katlady September 24th, 2010 10:56 AM

Carnival Freedom is first in my heart. I spend 14 fun days crossing the Atlantic Ocean on her. I love the fish n chips on deck 10, plus it has the Mongolian BBQ lots of people love that. I'm from California so I'm more picky about my Mongolian BBQ same thing with sushi (which they also have on board). The Sun King Restaurant is the specialty restaurant I think the price was about $30 per person, but the steak was the best I have eaten. I agree with Bob the activities will be about the same. You will have a great time no matter which ship you pick. :D

Trip September 24th, 2010 11:09 AM

Sailed the Freedom last fall and love it. Great entertainment, and, loved the food. Freedom gets my vote.....

Sam22 September 24th, 2010 07:47 PM

great thanks a lot..maybe i'll just pull one out of a hat or something and go with that lol!

Sam22 September 24th, 2010 07:55 PM

I do have a question about the Carnival Legend ship. I want to book a room with a balcony and their's start at $689 but it's for a obstructed view. I'm just wondering what exactly this means and how obstructed the views are. Are their rooms in that section (7A) that are better than others? Thanks again!

Kamloops Cruiser September 24th, 2010 10:04 PM

There is probably some physical structure blocking your view.
Usually they are lifeboats or something similar.
If never really heard of obstructed balconies.
Ocean view cabins ( no balcony) are usually avaiable as
obstructed.:idea:

Sam22 September 28th, 2010 12:39 AM

well apparently this ship has obstructed balconies..anyways what about ports? We plan on spending a few extra days in which city the ship leaves from. We've never been to Florida before, so if anyone can suggest which city is funner and overall more enjoyable between Tampa, Miami and Fort Lauderdale that would be a huge help as well! Thanks a lot!

katlady September 28th, 2010 11:41 AM

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/car...bstructed.html
Check out this thread I think there is a picture of an 7A. Can you see a picture? My computer is blocked so I'm posting blind.
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:E...egendCabin.jpg

Ojos September 28th, 2010 01:17 PM

My wife and I sailed on the Carnivals Miracle and Destiny for our
Engagement and Honeymoon Cruises. The big difference for us was the size; we both preferred the Miracle, simply because it was larger.

Sam22 September 28th, 2010 04:30 PM

thanks! that doesn't look so bad

Jamman September 28th, 2010 04:41 PM

We prefer the Spirit Class ships. Better flow and less people.

Sam22 September 29th, 2010 12:14 AM

what about the ports? any preferences?

Truck Cruiser September 29th, 2010 05:17 AM

Have you considered an Alaska cruise? DW and I are considering one for our next anniversary August 14th

Sam22 September 29th, 2010 04:34 PM

um..honestly not really. We have never done a "beach" style vacation before so this was sort of a chance to try that. One day we will do an Alaska cruise I'm sure, but I htink for our honeymoon we want beaches!

Sam22 October 3rd, 2010 10:40 PM

soooo anyone have anyone have an opinion on which port city would be a better place to spend a few extra days?

Trip October 3rd, 2010 10:53 PM

I love Miami, and there is lots to do,and see there, but I love Lauderdale too. I wrote the article below,and you can see how much there is to do there. Shopping, great food, and, entertainment...

Key West, Florida; Cruise Ship Ports and Cruising Regions This says key west, but, it is the Lauderdale link...not sure why it does this, but this has happened before..

Sam22 October 5th, 2010 04:00 PM

Thanks a lot!