Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Beginner

Default Weather in Catalina, Ensenada in December

Hi,
I am cruising with my family on the Carnival Paradise- embarking Nov. 29. The boat stops in Catalina Island and Ensenada. I am wondering what the weather will be like- in Long Beach, Catalina, Ensenada, and on the ship. Will we be able to wear shorts, or should we wear long pants? Is it warm enough to visit beaches in Catalina or Ensenada (as well as the pool on deck)?

We're from the midwest, so we have this "vision" of wearing shorts and t-shirts in California, but that's probably not the case! Anyeone with experience on this cruise in late November/December, I'd really appreciate your advice!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:49 AM
Passenger

I've lived in Long Beach for over 30 years, and it's anybody's guess, seriously. We've had heat waves with temps in the 80's in late November, or it might be rainy and cold (which for us, means highs in the mid 60's). I can guarantee you it will be more temperate than the midwest at Thanksgiving time! You will need a jacket for evening, as the lows will be in the 50's. But if you are used to midwest winters, it will feel warm to you.

Chances are very good that even if it's not hot, it will be sunny, so bring your shorts! I think the pool water will be cold, but there is always the hot tub. The Pacific Ocean here is always cold, even in the summer, and will be too cold to enjoy without a wetsuit. But there may be snorkeling excursions that offer wetsuits for rent.

Just check the 10-day forecast on one of the weather websites about a week before you come out, and go from there. They'll know by then if there is a storm headed our way. If there is no storm, then expect lots of sun. You can always hope for Santa Ana conditions, which means that the wind blows over LA from the east and the desert instead of the west and the sea - that means hot and dry!

I hope you have a terrific cruise and enjoy Long Beach. It's a great town.