Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 21st, 2010, 10:07 AM
Beginner

Talking VERY FIRST CRUISE - Carnival Sensation

Hi everyone,

I will be going on my first cruise at the end of March on the Carnival Sensation. Just wanted to get some opinions on the ship itself and just good "tips" for a first timer. I've heard alot of mixed reviews of this ship (some good, some not so good) but we chose this ship really based on the number of days we're going. Being that its my first cruise I heard it was good to take a shorter rather than longer cruise to "test the waters". So all comments, suggestions are welcomed and would be a great help.

Thanks.... so ready for this cruise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2010, 01:54 PM
Admiral

We really enjoyed our cruise on Carnival Sensation last February.

Here are lots of pictures from that cruise:
Carnival Sensation, Feb 14-18, 2010, Main
Old October 22nd, 2010, 04:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default To New Cruiser

I hope you are young and ready to party because you booked the biggest spring break (and last ) week of the whole year. You will only be able to put your feet in the hot tubs anytime after 9 a.m. The ship is great for a "First Cruise".
All of these things you should really like. Food, shows, rooms, sun, Fun, Nassau, (Freeport - there is really no Downtown to speak of)

All the other thinks should not bother you. Your on you first Cruise!

If you are not young and a party person I suggest you try to change your dates to 2nd week in April - Spring Break is over and all the kids are in school. Have a great cruise, Ed
Old October 22nd, 2010, 09:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

We took the kids for their first cruise on this one because we also wanted to "test the waters" and it was great. We have been on two since then. We loved the ship. We love all the ships. A cruise is what you make of it I read tons of reviews on each ship we go on and it is like anything else, half hate it and half love it. I think you will have a blast and as far as Spring Break goes, ours is actually in April. I think there are different times for Spring Break. Have fun and I'm sure you will become addicted!!!!

Holiday 2002
Conquest 2004
Sensation 2008
Splendor 2009
Elation 2010
Triumph 2011
Conquest 2012
Elation 2012
Elation 2012 (B2B)
Conquest 2013
Dream 2014
Old October 24th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the responses.. We pretty much knew and have braced ourselves for the "Spring Break" crowd. Being that I work in a school district this would be my time off and the perfect time for me to try it out without having to take vacation days from my job. But thanks for the tips, I can't wait!!