Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 28th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Shore excursion help/ideas!

The lovely wife and I will be heading to Colon Panama and Costa Rica on our 8 day Carnival Freedom cruise in January. We are in our mid 30's and like exciting and adventurous excursions. Any suggestions for those two ports! Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old October 29th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Familiar Face

Anything that has Ziplining. Nothing else compares, i promise. Not even dolphin swimming.
Thanks and good luck!

Carnival Sensation 2004
Carnival Inspiration 2006

Old October 29th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I did this cruise on Liberty in 2007. I loved it. In Costa Rica we went on the white water rafting tour. It was fabulous!!! Loved every moment. There is a nice clean dressing room to change and shower in. They will also serve a great lunch made up of local dishes. Beer and soft drinks can be purchased. Not sure if there were mixed drinks or not. There are photographers that take photos of the rafts at different points along the river. Absolutely the best tour I ever did.
In Panama I did the Panama City tour and it was booooooooooooooooring!! The restaurant they chose for lunch was awful and the food was inedible. I wish I had done the train tour as I heard many people rave about it. I did enjoy going to the locks at the canal and watching as a ship passed through.
I had been to cozumel many times and did not leave the ship on this tour. I wanted to do the jeep tour but had to pass as I do not drive standard.
Whatever tours ou choose have a great time.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old October 29th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the advice. We had hoped for the whitewater rafting but the local guide I contacted said he has not had enough interest to book a group yet. Cruznut, which tour company did you use for the whitwater rafting tour? I think we may try the ziplining if the ww trip can't be worked out. I did ziplining at another stop a few years ago and we had a blast. Btw, it seems line cruisemates.com has less people on line compared to the last few years.....is it just me. It just doesn't seem like threads get the same amount of hits as the used to over the last few years. Thanks for all the advice, Bill
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Freedom

We did the cruise Sept 26th 2009. You will love this ship and the food and shows are excellent. You will see a warning on your Carnival Capers newspaper the night before getting to Limon Costa Rica. Carnival strongly
suggests that you take a tour at this port. Crime and muggings are very common here. So we took the Rainforest tour $89.50 per person. Two hours on a boat down river with Crocs, monkeys swinging through the Rainforest.
It was great and ice cold beers too. Two couples were mugged and lost all there jewelry, passports, cash credit cards. Make sure to go on a tour. Colon Pamama is a Port. Shipping containers
everywhere and a very dirty place. Take a tour. We are booked for December
on the Freedom but Eastern, San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau. 5 Ports instead of 3. Have a really great Cruise I hope this helps. Enjoy. Ed