Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default A Cruise Is What You Make It!

A cruise is what you make of it. That is why I preform in the CCL Talent Shows and on the Conquest in the Legend shows. . .have fun. Meet people sitting on the Lido Deck. . .learn about their life. Get off in some of the ports and experience the culture and experience the food in the ports of call.

Buffet on any given ship is a chance call. We cruised RCCL five times and on the Voyager of the Seas 15 Day Barcelona to Galveston. It was good and then it was a miss. Been on 10 Carnival cruises. . .Conquest has the best Mongolian Grill and the Sea Food Bar up top of the Buffet. Great fried clams, oysters, fish and fries. Always fresh. Just returned from Carnival Ecstasy last week. OMG . . .the hamburger fresh cooked are to die for. RCCL only puts out the cooked burgers under a lamp and you get it when you get it in line. I complained to them on the 15 Day T/A and on our last RCCL 01/10/10 Voyager of the Seas. They are pushing Johnny Rockets on the 12th deck where you pay $4.95 for the fresh cooked burgers.

Again, a cruise is what you do to make it fun for you. Shows? Ya, see them but that is not the total cruise. When it comes right down to it, what do all of us remember about our time on the ship? The service and the food. IMHO, that is the deciding factor that separates RCCL, CCL, HAL, NCL, Costa, Princess, and the rest.

A stateroom is a stateroom. It may vary in size or amenities and layout, but like everyone that cruises. . .don't spend a whole lot of time in the stateroom. No matter what. . .we'll still keep on cruising. Booking for Feb 2011 next week on Conquest.
CCL Ecstasy 10/25/10
RCCL Voyager OTS Jan 10, 2010
CCL Ecstasy 09/2009
CCL Fantasy 07/06/2009
CCLl Conquest 03/15/2009
RCCL Voyager OTS 02/01/09
RCCL 15 Days Voyager OTS TA 11/29/08
CCL Conquest 09/28/08
CCL Conquest 04/27/08
CCL Ecstasy 10/2007
CCL Elation 09/2006
RCL Rhapsody of Sea 10/2002
NCL Norwegian Sea 10/2000
CCL Holiday 11/1988
CCL Destiny 07/1997
P&O Canberra 1969

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Well said - and oh so right
Old November 8th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Familiar Face

Well said.

Carnival Sensation 2004
Carnival Inspiration 2006

Old November 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Familiar Face

Agree, we thought all our cruises have had good and bad but that still did not discourage us from either going back or trying other cruise lines. Heck we have had vacations that were not cruises that at times parts of it sucked.. so its not only cruise ships, but traveling in general.

~ Future Cruises ~
~ None ~

~ Past Cruises ~
RCI - Vision of the Seas - 2003
RCI - Monarch of the Seas - 2004
NCL - Norwegian Sun - 2006
CCL - Paradise - 2007
CCL - Splendor - 2010
CCL - Spirit - 2011
CCL - Inspiration - 2011
Old November 10th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspepper View Post
A cruise is what you make of it. That is why I preform in the CCL Talent Shows and on the Conquest in the Legend shows. . .have fun. Meet people sitting on the Lido Deck. . .learn about their life. Get off in some of the ports and experience the culture and experience the food in the ports of call.

Buffet on any given ship is a chance call. We cruised RCCL five times and on the Voyager of the Seas 15 Day Barcelona to Galveston. It was good and then it was a miss. Been on 10 Carnival cruises. . .Conquest has the best Mongolian Grill and the Sea Food Bar up top of the Buffet. Great fried clams, oysters, fish and fries. Always fresh. Just returned from Carnival Ecstasy last week. OMG . . .the hamburger fresh cooked are to die for. RCCL only puts out the cooked burgers under a lamp and you get it when you get it in line. I complained to them on the 15 Day T/A and on our last RCCL 01/10/10 Voyager of the Seas. They are pushing Johnny Rockets on the 12th deck where you pay $4.95 for the fresh cooked burgers.

Again, a cruise is what you do to make it fun for you. Shows? Ya, see them but that is not the total cruise. When it comes right down to it, what do all of us remember about our time on the ship? The service and the food. IMHO, that is the deciding factor that separates RCCL, CCL, HAL, NCL, Costa, Princess, and the rest.

A stateroom is a stateroom. It may vary in size or amenities and layout, but like everyone that cruises. . .don't spend a whole lot of time in the stateroom. No matter what. . .we'll still keep on cruising. Booking for Feb 2011 next week on Conquest.
That sounds like the sort of things I would say. 8)
While I don't perform on Carnival, I have played Elvis twice on HAL. On second thought, I suppose if you consider karaoke "performing" then I do indeed perform on Carnival also. Dancing in the disco, do the conga line with the wait-staff, and playing every game I can, I milk it for everything possible. Yes indeed, a cruise is what you make it and some of us makes it a true "Fun Ship".
A stateroom is a stateroom...right on again. no time to hang out there.

I will say that the glitz & sizzle production shows for me are a huge part of the vacation experience. Also for me food and service are consistently satisfactory from ship to ship, so I haven't made many discernments.

Read and post cruise reviews

Read and post cruise reviews
/ticker.png">
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:14 AM
Captain

I agree.....you can make your cruise anything you like! Want rest?, no problem, want fun? No problem, want excitement? no problem, want food? no problem!!!!

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to islasisterchick

Texaspepper, forget February 2011, you should go March 6. You sound like you'd be a blast to hang out with. . And on the note of having fun, I think I'll take my Mardi Gras costume and have my own parade on board. March 8 is not only Mardi Gras in '11. It's my birthday.

Last edited by islasisterchick; November 11th, 2010 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Type o
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Feb

Quote:
Originally Posted by islasisterchick View Post
Texaspepper, forget February 2011, you should go March 6. You sound like you'd be a blast to hang out with. . And on the note of having fun, I think I'll take my Mardi Gras costume and have my own parade on board. March 8 is not only Mardi Gras in '11. It's my birthday.
Bunch of family members going on the Conquest Feb 20, 2011 and they are wanting us to join the group. Mardi Gras on board sounds like fun and you'll have a birthday ball
CCL Ecstasy 10/25/10
RCCL Voyager OTS Jan 10, 2010
CCL Ecstasy 09/2009
CCL Fantasy 07/06/2009
CCLl Conquest 03/15/2009
RCCL Voyager OTS 02/01/09
RCCL 15 Days Voyager OTS TA 11/29/08
CCL Conquest 09/28/08
CCL Conquest 04/27/08
CCL Ecstasy 10/2007
CCL Elation 09/2006
RCL Rhapsody of Sea 10/2002