Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Dream Nassau, St.Thomas and St.Maarten-Any recommendations for Excursions

I will be a first time cruiser on the Carnival Dream in Feb 2011. I don;t want to spend a ton of money on excursions and hoping to get some recommendations for MUST DO's as well as those that anyone would NOT recommend.

Thanks in advance for any and all input!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2010, 09:04 PM
First Mate

We did that cruise in Sep. We had been to Nassau many times and because this was a cruise to discover the Dream rather than the destinations we didn't get off in Nassau. However, we did a tour called I believe 'The Pirates Tour" a couple of years ago and found it most interesting. It included a tour of the Pirate Museum that was a pleasant surprise as it was quite informative. We have also been to St. Thomas several times and this time we took a ferry to St. John and a tour of the island. It was a Carnival tour but I don't think it was that expensive. St. John is a very pretty place, rather laid back and quiet. We have also done a bus tour in St. Maarten that took us to the other side (French) and around the island. It also was very informative and we found out many interesting facts about St. Maarten. I know that all these places have good snorkling and beach stuff to do. Perhaps somebody else can chime in on that. You will enjoy the Carnival Dream. It was very impressive. As an aside what part of New England are you frm. I was borm and raised in Maine, now retired in Florida but missing the great Autumn weather.
Old November 8th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Beginner

Thanks for your input!
I was born and raised in NH. Fall time in New England is one of my FAVORITE things about living here!!
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

If you've never done the America's Cup Regatta in St. Maarten, its great fun, something to think about. I believe you have to book it through the cruiseline.

Always a good idea to look through the list of excursions and get an idea of what activities you want to do.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Just going to have to rename this the New England Reunion!! I was born and raised in Melrose Mass. Lived most of my adult life in NH's beautiful Lakes Region Newfound Lake and Winnipesaukee areas. My Mother was from the beautiful state of Maine in Eastport. . She called it God's country. In 2007 I came south to Florida. Not too far from you Master Chief in Lakeland.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old November 8th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Dream in September... love the ship. Took the ferry to St Johns from St Thomas. St Johns is beautiful and the nicest beaches we have ever seen!! Husband took the hike on St Martins and really enjoyed it. Both excursions were through Carnival and not expensive. Have Fun
Legend 2006
Spirit 2006 & 2007 & 2009
Conquest 2007 & 2009
Pride 2008
Dream 2010
Norwegian Dawn 2011
Magic 2012
Princess Grand 2013
Old November 8th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post
Just going to have to rename this the New England Reunion!! I was born and raised in Melrose Mass. Lived most of my adult life in NH's beautiful Lakes Region Newfound Lake and Winnipesaukee areas. My Mother was from the beautiful state of Maine in Eastport. . She called it God's country. In 2007 I came south to Florida. Not too far from you Master Chief in Lakeland.

Laura
Another reunion. Grew up in Maine, Orono. Good ol' Eastport, they get the first sunrise, most noteable for Easter services. Just saw the foliage 2 weeks ago in Mass.. Sure was pretty, but sure was a reminder of the winter to come!
Old November 8th, 2010, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruznut2 View Post

Laura
Thats so funny - I drive through Melrose everyday on my way to the Orange line (subway station). Small world!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013