Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Welcome Home Splendor Cruisers

To all the Splendor Cruisers, we are so glad you are on your final leg to get home. We here, can only only imagine some of the hardships you faced, but, by the news coverage, it seemed, many said Carnival was great in doing whatever they could for their pasengers. More smiles than frowns on the news today. Spam,and pop tarts will not be on amyone shopping lists for a while, I can bet....

If you would like to share your stories here, we would love to hear how you all made it through your days and nights. Pictures too please..

Most of all, we are so glad, there were no inguries, of loss of life. Look at all the stories you will have for the rest of your lives.....

Welcome back!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Kuki; December 4th, 2010 at 06:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Captain

I REALLY want to hear some of these stories first hand. While I am sure this situation was QUITE an inconvience and ruined some vacation time I believe that the media for the most part blew this WAAAAY out of proportion. I seen some news reports that basically said the ship had become a floating 3rd world country. I seriously doubt that! Oh, and the "Spam" I heard was a lie. I heard there was no spam, but I would rather hear the truths from the passengers than the lies from the media. Media's job is to be nothing more than a drama queen and suck in viewers at any cost. I prefer to search out, both sides of any story.

I mean really, how often has something like this happened in Carnival's existance as a percentage of all their cruises?

I think I would have been happier on Splendor last week than in a plane crash, or heaven forbid, the resort in Mexico where 5-8 Canadians lost their LIVES last week.

I say to Splendor passengers, chin up, take your full refund and free cruise and try it again. You can't avoid the great things in life because of situations like this. If you did, you would never leave your own home. Not much of a way to spend your "Life".

Try and forget it, move on, and live life to the fullest.

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Captain

Looks like Spendor may be out of service until January.

Sorry for the bad news to upcoming cruisers on this ship. Get on the horn NOW with Carnival and maybe they can still get you on a different ittinery to fit your vacation time. Otherwise, looks like you will get full refunds AND 25% discount on any future cruise. Who knows, maybe you can get 25% off on a different ship / ittinery for the vacation time you already have booked?

Worth a shot!

***edited to remove commercial reference***

Krunch

Last edited by Donna; November 16th, 2010 at 06:57 PM. Reason: removed hyper link
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Captain

Hmmm, link removed for comercial reference? Oh well, sorry about that, it was not intentional, I was merely linking an article which stated that Splendor was out of service likely until January.

Krunch