CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Late sitting and shows timing (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/378154-late-sitting-shows-timing.html)

RobertZanzerkia November 17th, 2010 08:04 AM

Late sitting and shows timing

Hi,
I have booked Pride in Feb with late dinner sitting.
I am wondering how does this work with shows?
What are the timings for the shows on Pride?
The late dinner is at 8:15 (I think).

Thanks,
Robert

Donna November 17th, 2010 09:20 AM

Robert,
They have the shows before dinner for the late dinner people...So, while the early seating is eating you can see a show and then go to dinner.

sistagoldenhair November 17th, 2010 01:44 PM

I always have late seating - most of the shows for late seating start after dinner - at 10 or later. Once in a while the show will be early for late seating, but usually its after dinner.

johnthed0g November 17th, 2010 03:56 PM

Wouldn't want to see a show then have dinner.. but why?? we go out at home then have dinner, just habit I guess.

Snoozeman November 17th, 2010 05:15 PM

Most of the production shows for late diners will be before your dinner. The Welcome Show is usually the only one after dinner. They used to try to have the Welcome Show between the two, but at least on Carnival they have gone to one late show.

Ron November 17th, 2010 08:06 PM

There seems to be some confusion regarding the main shows on Carnival ships. I have been on over 20 Carnival cruises and always have late dinner seating. I agree with sistagoldnehair-- the late diners get to catch the main shows around 10-10:30 p.m.
They will usually have different shows every night --could be anything from a juggler to a magician but will have two main production shows during a seven day cruise.These are the ones I'm referring to. I've never been to one before dinner and as I said, I've never had anything but late dining.
maybe they have changed it since February.

Snoozeman November 17th, 2010 09:31 PM

Ron-you may be right about Carnival. I'm going to double check the past several. On others I know it's before.

Snoozeman November 17th, 2010 09:39 PM

Production Show for late seating.

On the Splendor it was after dinner, On the Conquest it was before.

Guess we'll have to see if someone has sailed the Pride. I haven't.

AndyBrown November 18th, 2010 12:08 AM

We just got back from a 4-day on Imagination. The first production show was after dinner for late seating; the second production show was before dinner for late seating, and after dinner for early seating. This was the last night of the cruise, so that may have been why they schedule it that way.

Andy

RobertZanzerkia November 19th, 2010 08:28 AM

Thanks...

Thanks everyone,
I will check schedules onboard but looks like there are shows after dinner that I can see.

Robert

Snoozeman November 19th, 2010 10:22 AM

The new comedian shows are aftr dinner for sure!;)