Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 21st, 2010, 06:33 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Miracle

We will be cruising the Miracle in a few weeks. We have been on over 10 cruises, some on Carnival and some on other lines. We usually cruise the larget ships (Dream, Triumph, RCCL Voyager class, etc.) and we have several questions and concers about the Miracle.

-First, how did you like your cruise aboard her?
-For recent Miracle cruises - we have read about some thoughts on entertainment, and we have some concerns. How are the production shows? Are there fly on entertainers still (we hope), and if so, how are they? We also read about some cutbacks in live music and bands, we we really hope this is not true. Is there a calypso band... or if not... at least a calypso duo? How are they and their hours? What about other bands and live music throughout the ship?
-Any must sees, must eats, or must dos?

Thanks so much for your info and opinions.
Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2010, 07:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

we were on it on 2008, the ship even then wasn't the top but it was OK. We had a good time, it was clean the dining rood decore was welllllllllll......you will see. The food was good, no issues, theshows were fine, there was a sinatra guy he was good. The pools are very small, when we were on the ship there were a lot of over weight folks on the ship me too, so the pools were full with just 10 people in them. The staff was great. Am sure you will have agreat time.

2002- Celebrity Summit –Alaska
2004-RCI Vision of the Sea – Alaska
2006- Carnival Victory- Canada
2007-Crown Princess- Caribbean
2008- Carnival Miracle- Caribbean
2010-Explorer of the Sea -Caribbean
2011 NCL Jewel to Caribbean
2012 NCL Gem to Caribbean ( during Hurricane sandy)
Old November 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt690 View Post

-First, how did you like your cruise aboard her?
-For recent Miracle cruises - we have read about some thoughts on entertainment, and we have some concerns. How are the production shows? Are there fly on entertainers still (we hope), and if so, how are they? We also read about some cutbacks in live music and bands, we we really hope this is not true. Is there a calypso band... or if not... at least a calypso duo? How are they and their hours? What about other bands and live music throughout the ship?
-Any must sees, must eats, or must dos?

Thanks so much for your info and opinions.
Just got off "Miracle" on Friday, so you won't find anybody for current than I. (Unless you find somebody aboard.) Overall, the cruise was very good, but not up to par for this ship. I've sailed "Miracle" at least 6 times in the last few years, and she's always been EXCELLENT. I think my main concern was the cruise director, Malcolm Burn. He simply isn't up to the job, IMO. The production shows are EXCELLENT! You've got "Ticket to Ride" and "Generations". Both, very good shows. We had a couple of fly on's during the week, and they were O..K., but certainly not "top notch" The comedy club puts on a pretty good show as well, and it was packed every time they were running the comedy. They do offer the Phillipino Band, I can't remember which one, but they too were excellent As far as Calypso Music, HMMMM, I don't know, as we always spend all our time at the aft pool instead of the main pool. Karaoke sucked, because the C.D. fired the Karaoke host the week before I sailed, and they were taking turns running the karaoke, and were obviously all pissed at having the extra duty.
Only real "Must Sees" MustEats, or Must Do's for me would be the big production shows. Once again, they were EXCELLENT>
\
"SKY"
Old November 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Matt, please check out my on-going pictorial review found on the Chit Chat board. I was on the same cruise on Miracle as Skymaster and I agree with what he said. Big theatre shows were great, poolside music was awful, and so was karaoke!

donna
Old November 29th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Captain

I can add a little Skymaster as I got off one week before you!

1.) Calypso was one single guy out by the midship pool.

2.) I HIGHLY recomend seeing Greg Gallello in the piano bar. He can know out just about anything. I got him to play "Bruce Hornsby - That's just the way it is" and the next night requested / dedicated the Phil Collins cover of "Cyndi Lauper - True Colors" Absolutely AMAZING!

Have to agree with Skymaster's comments about Malcolm as well. This was our third cruise. All other CD's were superior IMHO, while Malcolm was not THAT bad.

Off all 3 cruises what I liked about this one the best was the smaller, less crowded ship.

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Familiar Face

have been on the Miracle 3 times, and truly enjoyed each. probably my fav Carnival ship, and always has a great itinerary. never been dissapointed.
Carnival Jubilee 88
Carnival Holiday 89
Sovereign of the Seas 91
Carnival Celebration 92
Big Red Boat 93
Explorer of the Seas 03
Carnival Victory 04
Carnival Legend 05
Jewel of the Seas 06
Carnival Triumph 06
Carnival Miracle 07
Carnival Victory 07
Carnival Miracle 08
Carnival Miracle 09
Carnival Liberty 10
Celebrity Reflection 14
Read and post cruise reviews
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Familiar Face

Doing our first Miracle sailing and 1st B2B next March.
Love getting this info
Festivale 1990
Tropicale 1992
Holiday 1994
Inspiration 1996
Celebration 1998
Inspiration 2000
Elation 2001
Destiny 2002
Glory 4/24/04
Spirit 10/09/04
Liberty 9/05