CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Sensation Port and Freeport Qt. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/378588-carnival-sensation-port-freeport-qt.html)

Nikkita77 December 8th, 2010 01:06 AM

Carnival Sensation Port and Freeport Qt.

Can some one tell me about the terminal for the sensation in Port caneveral ? Is it easy to get around what is the check in procedures and how early can you boarded ? Also what is there to do that is fun for the kids and adults that not too pricey and what about shopping . also in nassau there is an over nite stay is there some close night time activity spots !!:D

Cruznut2 December 8th, 2010 06:24 AM

The following is an excerpt for my review of my recent cruise on Sensation

Laura

Parking
Parking at Port Canaveral was easy and convenient to the ships. You just pull into the luggage unloading aea and leave your luggage with the porters. Then you drive around and take a parking space. It is an easy walk to the ship. In our case we had a wheel chair to deliver so when we dropped off the luggage we also got out of the van there and the van driver left us to go back to Lakeland. I had already parked my car and boarded the van to show the driver where to drop the luggage. We loaded our luggage on to the van and took it all at once to be dropped off.

Embarkation
Very orderly and organised. We were in an area for wheelchair access to board as we had one person in a wheelchair. Boarding was announced around 10:30. Early!! The VIP section was called to board first and they all went ahead on to the ship. Then we were called and we went through a door to the elevators that took us up to the entrance. We had our security pictures taken and were free to go on our away. In all we were aboard before 11:00. Again, as I punched my card in at security a voice announced that I have a message at the Customer Service desk. I went and was asked if there was anything I would need for my c-pap. They also inquired if I would need refrigeration for insulin as I am diabetic. I reponded that I was not on insulin and thanked them for their care.
Then general boarding was called. All went smoothly and orderly. Very organised.

Laura

jacdenv24 December 8th, 2010 11:04 AM

Totally agree with Laura! It's been 7 years since we cruised from Canaveral but it was the quickest and most organized embarkation we've done-and it was during March break! I think we were on board by noon. And the self parking is a breeze. Enjoy!

Nikkita77 December 9th, 2010 06:59 PM

Thanks I was hoping it would not be to long I have a 5 yr old who is autistic and he is able to wait but he gets restless and wants t flee if he waits too long and i get worn out from the pulling and fussing ! LOL ! But I was gonna inquire about some people say that you can let them know that you have a special needs child and they will put you were they put ppl in wheelchairs. I not sure but im gonna call

ruthlessboss December 9th, 2010 10:57 PM

Just got off the Sensation this morning. Parking is very simple and on port parking is $15 a day. Cheaper if you choose off site parking. Or if staying in a hotel the night before, they provide free parking and shuttle to the port and back.
Very easy getting through the terminal.
I was talking to someone who had a grandchild in Camp Carnival, she spent a great deal of enjoyable time there.