Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Ecstasy

I've been looking for reviews on this cruise. I have googled, and googled but am pretty much have been coming up empty handed.

Has anyone been on this ship? Any thing great about it, terrible. Just an honest opinion?

Thanks in advance.

Carnival Ecstasy 11-28-11

Bare with me...I'm new.
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Carnival Ecstasy Ship Review; food, entertainment, staterooms, itinerarary and service.
There is our CruiseMates ship review of Ecstascy.

Plus we have 50 more reader-contributed reviews

Carnival Cruise Reviews - Ship reviews by Cruisemates Readers
Old December 18th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Familiar Face

The Ecstasy is one of our favorite ships. With the recent dry dock a lot of great items were added to include the water park, the mongolian grill, and the upgraded resort like pool area. Our favorite spot was the serenity area on the back of the ship. The padded lounge chairs and attentive service made this a wonderful place to relax.

The Ecstasy also has the honor of winning the Crystal Eagle customer service award many times over. It is well deserved. We enjoyed every part of our cruise on the Ecstasy and hope to sail on her again before she departs to New Orleans.

I am attaching a link to a few of our pictures taken on board. Enjoy.

Cruise Ship Pictures - CruiseMates Cruise Photos Gallery

Upcoming Cruises
Carnival Sunshine - January 2014
Carnival Dream - January 2015

Previous Ships
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Victory
Sapphire Princess
Carnival Triumph (X 3)
Carnival Ecstasy (X 2)
Golden Princess
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Elation
NCL Dream
Carnival Paradise
NCL Sunward II
Old December 18th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks to both of you with quick responses and help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S View Post
The Ecstasy is one of our favorite ships. With the recent dry dock a lot of great items were added to include the water park, the mongolian grill, and the upgraded resort like pool area. Our favorite spot was the serenity area on the back of the ship. The padded lounge chairs and attentive service made this a wonderful place to relax.

The Ecstasy also has the honor of winning the Crystal Eagle customer service award many times over. It is well deserved. We enjoyed every part of our cruise on the Ecstasy and hope to sail on her again before she departs to New Orleans.

I am attaching a link to a few of our pictures taken on board. Enjoy.

Cruise Ship Pictures - CruiseMates Cruise Photos Gallery
I appreciate the picture link. I loved seeing it decked out for Christmas. When did you sail? We will be sailing from November 28th to December 3 (2011).

Bare with me...I'm new.
Old December 18th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by the witvoets View Post
Thanks to both of you with quick responses and help.

I appreciate the picture link. I loved seeing it decked out for Christmas. When did you sail? We will be sailing from November 28th to December 3 (2011).
Wow...No kidding, we left on November 28th thru December 3rd in 2009. You are taking our cruise one year later! What excursions do you have planned?

Upcoming Cruises
Carnival Sunshine - January 2014
Carnival Dream - January 2015

Previous Ships
Carnival Fascination
Carnival Victory
Sapphire Princess
Carnival Triumph (X 3)
Carnival Ecstasy (X 2)
Golden Princess
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Elation
NCL Dream
Carnival Paradise
NCL Sunward II
Old December 18th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Ecstasy

Carnival Ecstasy
by Thelma
Western Caribbean
January 31, 2008 Well, everyone, we are back from our first cruise. We went to Cozumel, leaving out of Galveston. My DH and I had a wonderful time. We are both ready to go again, and we are planning this for next year around the same time.
We had no trouble with embarkation. We arrived at the port around 11:45 and were on the Lido by 12:05. We were sent there as our cabin wasn't ready. After a good burger and fries, we toured the ship. We were in awe of the ship and the crew. Everyone was so helpful and friendly. We went to the purser to put cash on our sign and sail card. We also went to check out the Wind Song Restaurant and see the location of our table. We had 220 and it was a window table. We had requested 6:15 but received 5:45. That was okay with us, so we didn't bother to change it. We then went to see if our cabin was ready. We were in M138, ocean view. That was great. We had plenty of space and storage. To use the safe, all we had to do was put in our desired pin number. I liked that. We checked the back of the door to find the location of our muster station and headed there at 3:30. At 3:45, we were told to assemble. We missed some of sail away, but that was okay, since we needed to hear the safety information.
When we returned to our cabin, one piece of our luggage arrived. By the time we returned from dinner, the remaining bags had arrived. Our cabin was clean (stayed clean) with lots of towels (never had to ask for extra like in a hotel). Jorge was our cabin steward. He kept the room straightened and the ice bucket filled. Our waitress was Ni Gusti and Patrama. Excellent is all I can say about them. From the first night, they knew our likes and what we couldn't have, and all 8 of our names. Whenever they saw us on the ship, they called us by name. The food was good, the only thing was we didn't know beforehand that we had to order our starter, salad, and entrée at one time. We knew after that. Also, if you wanted more, or an additional entrée choice, you needed to order that early.

Article continues belowFormal night was great. We attended the captain's reception, but since we went after dinner, we didn't try any of the hors devours. Captain Scala was friendly and talkative, which we liked. The cruise director was Kirk, didn't get his last name, but he kept us informed of the onboard activities and what to expect in Cozumel.
I wish I had ordered 2 lobsters, because they were rather small. But that was okay. I only tried one dish I didn't like. I know not to order it the next trip. We didn't try the chocolate melting cake, it looked pretty rich. But, we did have a banana cream pie to die for. We enjoyed our food and the service was great. We had sandwiches and pizza from the panorama grill. Very good. Breakfast and lunch at either the Lido or Panorama was good. Oh yes, we attended the Grand Gala Buffet. It was beautiful as we were allowed to take pictures of the sculptures before they opened it to serve. Many food items were displayed.
We attended the musical revue, Dream Voyage, and it was very good. We did not attend any comedy shows. There was dancing on the Lido the night of the Mexican buffet. Many cruisers participated.
We didn't purchase any excursions, but we did tour downtown Cozumel. We docked at the pier right in town. Thank God for the tricycle taxis that take you from the ship to the end of the pier. The Fantasy was docked next to us. The Celebrity and Grandeur of the Seas was docked farther down from us. The water is simply a beautiful blue.
Disembarkation was not bad. As you all probably know, we were fogged in on our return to Galveston. We had zone numbers for our luggage (we had put extra markings on ours, made it easy to find) and we had passports, and the lines moved quickly because they had several customs officers working.
Many of you have probably made this trip before, but it was fantastic for us. A lot of you made it easy by answering my questions and then by my reading others' questions and the answers. We really look forward to cruising again.

Read more: Carnival Reviews - Cruise Ship reviews by Cruisemates Readers

Carnival Ecstasy 2008
Carnival Ecstasy 2009
Carnival Conquest 2010
Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Triumph 2013
Old December 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Wow...No kidding, we left on November 28th thru December 3rd in 2009. You are taking our cruise one year later! What excursions do you have planned?
TWO years later - they are going next year.
Old December 18th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
We want to do the Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins in Progresso, but I don't know if you can clime them.

Bare with me...I'm new.
Old December 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

You can no longer climb the great pyramid, but you can many others if you wish. It's a great place to visit from Progreso. (one 's')

I have several reviews of the Ecstasy on my blog. One of my favorites. R&S is spot on with their comments. The award is just above the lobby bar.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old December 18th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoozeman View Post
You can no longer climb the great pyramid, but you can many others if you wish. It's a great place to visit from Progreso. (one 's')

I have several reviews of the Ecstasy on my blog. One of my favorites. R&S is spot on with their comments. The award is just above the lobby bar.
I'm disappointed for my husband he wanted to climb the great pyramid. Oh well.

Has anyone been on the Uxmal Mayan Ruins? It says you can climb on some structures.

Bare with me...I'm new.

Last edited by the witvoets; December 18th, 2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old December 18th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by the witvoets View Post
I'm disappointed for my husband he wanted to climb the great pyramid. Oh well.

Has anyone been on the Uxmal Mayan Ruins? It says you can climb on some structures.
You can climb the ruins at Xuantunich if you take a cruise that goes to Belize. Very nice all day excursion.
As for the Ecstasy - still one of our favorite ships. First sailed on her in 1993 out of Miami and probably 4 or 5 times out of Galveston. We plan on one more trip on the Ecstasy, probably in May, before she leaves Galveston for good.
Old December 18th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebJ14 View Post
You can climb the ruins at Xuantunich if you take a cruise that goes to Belize. Very nice all day excursion.
As for the Ecstasy - still one of our favorite ships. First sailed on her in 1993 out of Miami and probably 4 or 5 times out of Galveston. We plan on one more trip on the Ecstasy, probably in May, before she leaves Galveston for good.
We actually just switched our Cruise from Glory which it's intineray was going to Belize. Oh well.

I'm sorry that Ecstasy is leaving TX, but I'm happy she's coming to New Orleans. My husband has never been there, and it was of my favorite cities to visit.

Bare with me...I'm new.
Old December 20th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Admiral

My first cruise EVAH. But it was so long ago, my review isn't relevant.

Royal Oasis of the Seas - 2013 {pending}
Disney Fantasy - 2013
Disney Dream - 2012
Royal Freedom of the Seas - 2011
HAL Eurodam - 2011
Royal Grandeur of the Seas - 2010
Carnival Dream - 2010
Grand Princess - 2002
Royal Voyageur of the Seas - 2000
Royal Sovereign of the Seas - 1999
Carnival Ecstacy - 1991