Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 29th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cancellations on Carnival Splendor

I booked a group of 60 people on the Carnival Splendor over a year ago for a Jan 9th 2011 sailing. Then along comes the fire.
Our cruise was canceled, so I rebooked on the Splendor for Feb 6th after a week of arguing with Carnival over the price. Then our Feb 6th cruise was canceled. I gave up on the Splendor and moved my group to the Liberty out of Miami after another week of arguing with Carnival over pricing. Their offer of a 25% discount was a joke; they raised the prices on everything so the discount didn’t matter. I wrote an email to Carnival and they sent me a rubber stamp reply saying “sorry”. I have been booking a group each year for 11 years and Carnival acted like they couldn’t care less. I realize that my groups of 50 to 70 people are a drop in the bucket compared to the 3000 or so people on the ship, but over the years I’ve booked a considerable number of people with Carnival and my loyalty didn’t mean squat to them. I have never sailed on anything but Carnival, but this experience has made me rethink my loyalty to them.
Sponsored Links
Old December 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I am sorry you had this experience with your cruises. I am waiting to see what the changes will be in the coming year with Carnival. Times are getting tough all over, and changes will most likely have to be made.

As you know, what happened with the splender was not expected, or wanted by Carnival. They took future bookings thinking that all would be well by then. The discount has always been a question of worth.

I hope that you will hold on to your faith in Carnival for a little while longer, and hope they get things together in the coming years.

Good Luck

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old December 30th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello 1dennis3,
After reading how many cruises you have taken on Carnival, I think this is a great opportunity for you to try another line. I can not imagine missing out so much from the variety you have out there.

All the best... this is a great time to enjoy the rest.
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was also booked on the Splendor in January of 2011 before my cruise was canceled. but I rebooked on the Carnival Paradise for a 4 night cruise.

Past cruises
Carnival Paradise 2005
Monarch of the seas 2006
Dawn Princess 2006
Vision of the seas 2008
Mariner of the seas 2009
Majesty of the seas 2010
Future cruises
Carnival Paradise 1/24/11
Carnival Inspiration 2012
Old January 6th, 2011, 12:10 PM
First Mate

Why not just sail Mariner of the Seas out of LA on Royal Caribbean instead? It's a way nicer ship, better service and experience. Probably will be a bit more costly, but I would say well worth it.
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondMember View Post
Why not just sail Mariner of the Seas out of LA on Royal Caribbean instead? It's a way nicer ship, better service and experience. Probably will be a bit more costly, but I would say well worth it.
Royal Caribbean isn't doing cruises to Mexico from the West Coast after January 9th 2011