Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Carnival Conquest with Kids

I'm looking at the Aug 7, 2011 sailing of the Carnival Conquest to the Western Caribbean with my family. It will be me, my wife and 2 kids, both girls, aged 9 and 6. My wife and I have went on a cruise many many years ago but without the kids.

My 9 year old is very active and likes sports of all types. Is the camp carnival group for the 9 year olds active?

My 6 year old enjoys art, tea time, etc... Does the camp carnival for her age group offer creative outlets?

Also, for a family of four, is a balcony room much better than one with an outside view? Any recommendations on where we should stay on the ship?

I would be interested in hearing about other families experiences on the Carnival Conquest.
Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2011, 12:10 PM
Captain

A OV is 220 s.f. and a standard balcony is 185 s.f. plus 35 s.f. balcony, so the same s.f., except part of the balcony s.f. is a little separate. I personally love the larger OVs on Conquest .. but I dont sit out on the balcony. If Im in the cabin, I turn on the tv and the a/c. August will be beastly hot.

There is tea served on sea days, but you would have to take your child to tea, as its more a adult function, not part of the children's activities. Most children love Camp Carnival .. hard to say for someone else.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:18 PM
Familiar Face

My family just got back from a 1 week cruise on Conquest out of Galveston. My boys (12 & 14 years old) said it was the best vacation ever! They made friends on board through Circle C and we never saw them. I think they had more fun being on the ship than they did on the excursions.

As far as rooms go, we had 2 balcony rooms next to each other (9278 & 9280). We loved being on the Lido deck.....very convenient! Only thing we would do different next time would be to move our rooms down a little more from the elevators (9282 & 9284). Where we were was not bad at all, but we could hear a slight ding from the elevator. Also, we did not use our balconies much, just opened the door to check the weather. I think next time I would get 1 balcony and 1 interior room to save a little money. I think a family of 4 would be tight in one room, but maybe having 2 girls rather than 2 boys is different.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Carol
Old January 3rd, 2011, 05:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowers View Post
A OV is 220 s.f. and a standard balcony is 185 s.f. plus 35 s.f. balcony, so the same s.f., except part of the balcony s.f. is a little separate. I personally love the larger OVs on Conquest ...
To translate, to Flower OV means "oceanview" and s.f. means square feet.

I just think a novice cruiser might not get the difference. An oceanview has a window but no balcony.

I would say that Carnival is one of your better bets for the kids, without a doubt, and the age group acticities are what your daughters should like.

You can get four people in one stateroom easily, and the OV cabins are roomier. Having a balcony is nice but the extra room makes more sense for you. Many people get a balcony for the parents and a separate inside for the kids, but your girls are too young for a separate room. You might be able to find a balcony with a connecting oceanview if you book early enough. That would be the best arrangement. The girls dont need their own balcony and you probably wouldn't want them to have one (although there are ways to permanently lock the balcony door.)