CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Extended Balcony? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/379122-extended-balcony.html)

am588 January 2nd, 2011 07:40 PM

Extended Balcony?

I booked my cruise without having a set room until it was closer to the cruise. I just checked in today, and found my room number. When I looked it up on the Liberty deck plans, it said extended balcony? How much bigger are these balconies than regular?

Barryn514 January 3rd, 2011 11:05 AM

We found it to be a double the size of the standard balcony. It is the balcony that would be for the stateroom next to you but that room is for storage or such. It is nice if you plan on entertaining others.

zydecocruiser January 3rd, 2011 11:48 AM

The "standard" extended balcony is larger, but not double in size. The difference in size is the extra panel in the partition

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carniva...1/P1120689.JPG

Barryn514 January 3rd, 2011 12:11 PM

The ship I was on had "standard" balcony, "Premium" balcony and "extended" balcony and the extended we had was intended for two staterooms but like I said the room next to us was a storage room so that is why our Carnival cruise planner suggested that stateroom.

john_galt January 3rd, 2011 06:21 PM

I've been in aft-view extended balcony rooms on the Conquest and Victory. The balcony is much more roomy than a standard Carnival balcony which is very shallow. You have to turn the chairs at an angle just to use them.

Truck Cruiser January 4th, 2011 06:51 AM

We love the extended balconies and try to get an aft extended whenever we sail.

zydecocruiser January 4th, 2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryn514 (Post 1339238)
The ship I was on had "standard" balcony, "Premium" balcony and "extended" balcony and the extended we had was intended for two staterooms but like I said the room next to us was a storage room so that is why our Carnival cruise planner suggested that stateroom.

What ship and stateroom?

Barryn514 January 4th, 2011 03:54 PM

Guess you don't want to believe me! :rolleyes:

It was the Spirit and cabins were 7258 and the next year it was 8232.

zydecocruiser January 5th, 2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barryn514 (Post 1339691)
Guess you don't want to believe me! :rolleyes:

It was the Spirit and cabins were 7258 and the next year it was 8232.

I believed you. Those cabins are 8Ks, but the description is "large balcony (85 sq ft)", not "extended balcony (60 sq ft)". They are not typical.

The picture I posted was of an 8k extended balcony on Carnival Spirit.

am588 January 5th, 2011 08:05 PM

I read somewhere online that with the extended balcony, the stateroom itself is a little smaller. any truth to that?

zydecocruiser January 6th, 2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by am588 (Post 1340077)
I read somewhere online that with the extended balcony, the stateroom itself is a little smaller. any truth to that?

I don't think in general that is true. Some aft wraps (again not a regular extended balcony) are configured differently than a standard cabin.

zydecocruiser January 6th, 2011 11:43 AM

A few cabin pictures beginning around #076:
Carnival Spirit Ensenada April, 2010 1

perhaps some more scattered through out:
Carnival Spirit Hawaii Cruise - April 2010

vs a regular balcony beginning aorud #027:
Carnival Spirit - NB Alaska - May 27-Jun 3, 2009 - Vancouver 2

or life in a standard balcony scattered:
Carnival Spirit - Northbound Alaska - May 27-Jun 3, 2009 - Main

basically this:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carniva...2/DSC00248.JPG

vs this:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carniva...1/P1120689.JPG

Snoozeman January 6th, 2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by am588 (Post 1340077)

Actually can be, but the extended balcony more than makes up for it.

Zman: It can be the corner afts on some, but also the two center afts can be that way. Our little group usually gets all the 8N's and the two center cabins are a little smaller. We cabin hop those 6-8 cabins so easy to compare. I've kind of forgotten which class was which, but it was Splendor, Conquest, and Glory. My favorite cabin is the true aft next to the wrap (now a suite) on Conquest class and above.

I'm off on the Voyager on Sunday in my favorite cabin and it is an aft wrap...the cabin is a little smaller, but the balcony is huge.

zydecocruiser January 7th, 2011 02:12 PM

I'm hoping to try Voyage once it repos to New Orleans. What was that favorite aft wrap cabin number?

Most of Carnival's cabins are cookie cutter identical, but it is true there will always be exceptions where the standard box doesn't quite fit and something custom has to be done.

Snoozeman January 7th, 2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zydecocruiser (Post 1340590)
I'm hoping to try Voyage once it repos to New Orleans. What was that favorite aft wrap cabin number?

Most of Carnival's cabins are cookie cutter identical, but it is true there will always be exceptions where the standard box doesn't quite fit and something custom has to be done.

7688 and 7388
The cabin is slightly smaller (2 cushion couch) but the balcony is huge. You'll also always have shade. I've had these cabins many times. And they don't charge a premium like CCL does. Just have to book very very early.

On deck ten it's the opposite, small balcony, but BIG cabin. Many like those two.

I already have the Mariner booked with one in January 2012. VOS will be in NOLA.

VTFun January 19th, 2011 04:31 PM

Could you send me an email to funinvtmtns@yahoo.com, I wanted to ask a question about the aft deck and Progreso.

Thanks.

Snoozeman January 19th, 2011 05:22 PM

The port side aft will be closest to the pier and music in Progreso.