Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Room Behind the Elevator

We just booked a cruise yesterday and we were "assigned" a room directly behind the elevator. Anyone know if this is a dire situation for us?
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

It really depends on the ship. I know a couple who had an inside cabin next to the elevator who couldn't stand the noise but other people on other ships had no problems at all.

If it is a newer ship I believe your chances of excessive noise are low. You have a greater chance of noise if you are in the bow or stern and on a lower deck. The engine/thruster noise and anchor and water hitting the hull cause a lot more noise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 14th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Just to rest your mind, ask for another cabin assignment..are you cruising soon? If so, there may not be much to choose from.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 14th, 2011, 09:41 PM
Admiral

Our cabin on our last cruise was 10 feet from a public area and we never heard a word .
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Near or behind Elevators

Which ship are you on? It may depend on if you are on a lower floor. The main motors are near the top floor. I have booked most of my inside staterooms near the elevators for easy access to lido and have never heard a peep. I cruised Carnival 9 times. I wouldn't lose and sleep over it. :-D Ed
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:59 PM
Familiar Face

We have had rooms right by the elevator because we traveled with an elderly family member who had to be close to the elevator. Never heard any noise from the elevator machinery - just inconsiderate passengers who seem to feel the need to speak in their loudest voices while waiting for the elevator no matter the time of day or night.
Old January 15th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebJ14 View Post
We have had rooms right by the elevator because we traveled with an elderly family member who had to be close to the elevator. Never heard any noise from the elevator machinery - just inconsiderate passengers who seem to feel the need to speak in their loudest voices while waiting for the elevator no matter the time of day or night.
This was EXACTLY our experience as well. We never heard any mechanical noise at all, but the people standing near the elevators, waiting for them to arrive made LOTS of noise occasionally. We also were able to hear the constant "ding - ding - ding" of the elevator "bells". It didn't bother me too much, the the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) said it drove her nuts for the entire week.

"SKY"