Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:47 PM
First Mate

Default Formal Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moiraine View Post
I don't lock my bags. I carry anything of value myself. I kind of doubt anyone is going to steal clothing and sneakers. If they are that desperate, then they can have the stuff.
Sure, and when you open up your luggage and find the outfits you bought for formal night are gone, a loud sceam will occur.
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Familiar Face

Late last week, several Cruise Critic members booked on upcoming Carnival cruises received e-mail notification from the line (which they then posted on the Carnival forum) about a change in luggage policy. The clause in question: "IMPORTANT - All luggage must be unlocked before turning over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience to you or delay in delivering the luggage to your stateroom." (You can read the notification in its entirety here.)

This was taken from Cruise Critic board and Dated Feb.2, 2010
I can't find anything more recent and hence the reason I started this thread!
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:00 PM
First Mate

Default No issue on thread

Nursek
Your starting the thread is appreciated and the comments you are seeing is other cruisers view about this so called policy.
Basically no one trusts a company that will not take full responsibility for the protection of our unlocked luggage from curb to ship to cabin .
My view.
They have xray units and if they want to have it opened up then they need only call you to he room it will be stored in.
If they open it up forcefully then they must explain why , protect its contents and give you a new lock.
What are they looking for , bottles of booze, pop cans?
Next thing you know a list will occur of what you cannot bring on so they can make more profit.
TSA locks were invented to satisfy a passengers concern of luggage being opened unlawfully while still allowing airport security staff easy access.

Ps: your document was not attached.
Web site: http://robbarcruises.wordpress.com/
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
Familiar Face

I didn't, and I don't when flying either.
Old January 20th, 2011, 03:23 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by robh View Post
Sure, and when you open up your luggage and find the outfits you bought for formal night are gone, a loud sceam will occur.

Actually not. I hate formal nights and usually don't go. If anyone wants my formal clothes they are welcome to them.
Old January 21st, 2011, 04:54 PM
Familiar Face

I have heard that as well, but I recently sailed the Conquest just a couple months ago and locked all my bags and my locks were still intact upon delivery.

I can assure you, If they want in bad enough, they can and will break your locks. That tends to happen when they suspect illegal contents, however.
I have always locked my bags and will continue to lock all bags on future sailings.

Beth