Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Familiar Face

Default Transportaton in Tampa

Looking for transfer suggestions from Tampa airport to cruise terminal. Do not like using ship transfers. Will be at least a group of at least ten. First time out of Tampa so I am not sure of the distance from airport to cruise terminal. Taxi's vs. shuttle. Thanks.
3 Holland America cruises
1 Celebrity cruise
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Admiral

The airport is relatively close to the cruise port. Just guessing, but probably 6 or 7 miles at the absolute most. I know there are lots and lots of taxi's at the airport, (some vans and larger vehicles) and the fare is not prohibitive. I think that if you do a bit of "googling" you'll be able to find a couple of limo/transportation companies that could shuttle you to the port,but I'd bet the cost will be clost to the taxi fare.
Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"
Old January 22nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
Familiar Face

About 5 years ago we were staying at a La Quinta in Tampa the night before our cruise. There is a transportation service called "Blue One" that came in while we were eating breakfast and asked if we'd like to purchase shuttle service to the cruise port and then again back to the airport. I believe back then we paid $20 each for for the 2 rides. They were very nice and professional.
Old January 26th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnab View Post
About 5 years ago we were staying at a La Quinta in Tampa the night before our cruise. There is a transportation service called "Blue One" that came in while we were eating breakfast and asked if we'd like to purchase shuttle service to the cruise port and then again back to the airport. I believe back then we paid $20 each for for the 2 rides. They were very nice and professional.
I plan to stay at La Quinta for our cruise out of Tampa. It will be my first time cruising and my first time in Tampa. How did you like that motel? Was it clean? I believe that it is really close to the airport and Carnival's pier.
Old January 30th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Familiar Face

sorry it took me so long to answer. I don't have high speed so I don't go on too often. I really liked the motel. I found it to be really clean and friendly. It is in the business district so it's a little tough to take a nice walk in the morning. There was a place to eat right next door. I think it only too about 10 or 15 minutes to get to the port, very short ride. We would definitely stay there again.