CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Baltimore park-n-fly (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/379810-baltimore-park-n-fly.html)

RobertZanzerkia January 23rd, 2011 08:19 PM

Baltimore park-n-fly

Hi,
Has anyone done parn-n-fly at Baltimore airport and taken the cruise?
How do you get from airport to port?
They have good rate $49 for 7 days but I am not sure how to get to port.
Is it safe to park at port? which is more $ 105 for 7 days.

Thanks,
Robert

Paul Motter January 27th, 2011 12:43 PM

Parking at the port should be safe - thousands of cars will do it.

Most motels that have stay and park features have a shuttle to the port. There may be a small charge, I don't know.

You'll have to Google it.

RobertZanzerkia February 24th, 2011 06:18 AM

We decided to park at the port because park-n-fly do NOT have a shuttle to port.
I checked out hotel options but some reviews indicated crowds to catch the shuttle and waste of time etc.

luv2vacation63 February 24th, 2011 11:22 AM

If you use the park-n-fly at BWI, you have to take the shuttle to the airport terminal and then take the taxi to the port. Kind of a hassle. As the Baltimore port is so easy to get to, this option isn't really time efficient, and as I don't know the cost of the taxi to get to the port, it may not even be cost efficient.

RobertZanzerkia February 25th, 2011 10:21 AM

Agreed,
It's much easier to park at the port. Less waste of time too.
Cost wise it's about the same becasue taxi from airport will cost $25 each way.

Robert

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2vacation63 (Post 1354957)
If you use the park-n-fly at BWI, you have to take the shuttle to the airport terminal and then take the taxi to the port. Kind of a hassle. As the Baltimore port is so easy to get to, this option isn't really time efficient, and as I don't know the cost of the taxi to get to the port, it may not even be cost efficient.

Dutchman February 26th, 2011 08:50 AM

Cruise Maryland Website Home Page Lots of good info on all your questions

S.S.Oceanlover February 26th, 2011 08:55 PM

my son did in January. They staye at the Fairfield Inn and suites and they shuttled them to the pier.

Bill

RobertZanzerkia March 7th, 2011 09:36 AM

Just back from the cruise Baltimore to Bahamas..
Port at Baltimore was very nice, easy to get in/out.
Parking at the port was perfect. It took 1 hr to park the car (we arrived 11:45 AM). They were not letting cars park becasue waiting for last cruise people to leave. Other than that small wait another 45min in the terminal and on to the ship.
When we got back after we were allowed to disembark it took 1/2 hr to clear customs and in the car.

Robert