Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:09 PM
Admiral

In case anyone is interested I found the Cunard dress code...

Formal evening wear consists of an evening or cocktail dress or smart trouser suit for ladies, a tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit for men. Military or Award decorations may be worn on formal nights. A range of gentleman's formal wear is available to hire on board.

Semi formal evenings would consist of an elegant dress, or smart trouser suit outfit for ladies, a smart shirt with tie and trousers with a blazer or sports jacket for men.

Elegant Casual nights require clothing such as stylish resort or leisure wear. Casual dresses or smart separates for ladies, open neck polo shirts and casual trousers (no jeans or shorts) for men. Jacket required but no tie. Children under 18 do not have a dress code but should dress as smart as possible in relation to the above
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
In case anyone is interested I found the Cunard dress code...

Formal evening wear consists of an evening or cocktail dress or smart trouser suit for ladies, a tuxedo, dinner jacket or dark suit for men. Military or Award decorations may be worn on formal nights. A range of gentleman's formal wear is available to hire on board.

Semi formal evenings would consist of an elegant dress, or smart trouser suit outfit for ladies, a smart shirt with tie and trousers with a blazer or sports jacket for men.

Elegant Casual nights require clothing such as stylish resort or leisure wear. Casual dresses or smart separates for ladies, open neck polo shirts and casual trousers (no jeans or shorts) for men. Jacket required but no tie. Children under 18 do not have a dress code but should dress as smart as possible in relation to the above
I'm fairly confident that no one on the Carnival board gives a toss about the Cunard Dress Code.

Hawaii By land x 2
Paris and German Christmas Markets
Old January 28th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Admiral

Quite possibly, but it does give a comparison & shows why there is confusion over dress codes, if anyone just wanted to know about Carnival they can look at the website.
Old January 28th, 2011, 06:07 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackypup View Post
i'm fairly confident that no one on the carnival board gives a toss about the cunard dress code.
BOO-YA!
Eastern Caribbean - Dream (B2B) - November, 2013 (Our Wedding)
Mexician Riviera - Spirit - November, 2011
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old March 15th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Familiar Face

Almost ignorant here. While I knew there was a 'formal night,' on the ship, and I also knew there was "captain's (meet & greet)" night, I didn't put them together, and I didn't read my FunTimes to know that they were the same night.
Fortunately, a companion (her first cruise) wanted to do 'captain's night,' so we dressed for that, then headed to the diningroom (the boys, oblivious to the fact that the two were different 'events' on the ship and thought that it was "captain's dinner")...at any rate, we got lucky and we were already dressed properly for formal dinner (and never actually made it to the captain's meet & greet- sigh). For the record, the boys had on nice khakis and loafers with collared shirts...no jackets, and we both had on long sundresses with sandals.

Long story even longer, had we not been dressed properly, we certainly would have opted out of dining room fare that night, or gone back and changed. I do like dressing up (not completely to the nines, but maybe 7.5 or 8 ), but if I wasn't, I respect the policy and would certainly 'comply.'
Old March 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
a collared shirt and slacks is all that is required.
That's not true! Just came back from a cruise on the Spirit in Feb and the couple that sat at our table, he wore cut off jeans and flip flops. She wore jean skirt and flip flops.

My problem is, if the CL says, NO shorts, t-shirts and other things, then enforce the dress code or just delete the dress code and everyone wear what they want. Maybe tongs will be excepted in the DR in the future.
Nov.2005 CCL - Spirit
Aug.2007 PCL - Crown Princess
Feb.2008 CCL - Spirit
Oct.2009 CCL - Elation
Jan.2010 CCL - Splender
Feb.2011 CCL - Spirit (Cabo)
Jul. 2011 CCL -Spirit (Alaska)
Oct.2011 CCL- Dream-(W.Caribbean)
Feb.2012 CCL - Spirit ( Cabo)
Dec. 2012 CCL- Splendor ( Cabo)
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
Seems the last few years the cruise world has a "new formal".

Do you still pack tuxedos and gowns, or suits and fancy dresses ?
For years we packed suits for hubby and our two boys. They always wore Polo shirts and khakis on casual nights.

All these years later, Carnival's formal is just anything that isn't blue jeans.

I fought it for years...but now...while we still look nice on "elegant" night....on shorter cruises, hubby no longer brings a suit.

We follow the guidelines as set forth by Carnival...period.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND