Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:06 AM
First Mate

Default Trying to decide, Miracle or Freedom

So, for my almost 2 weeks off in November, I am looking at 2 options right now, either CCL Miracle or CCL Freedom out of Lauderdale on their respective 8n voyages. I've already seen a few discussions on here about Freedom, but was wondering if anyone had any comments on the Miracle. I've sailed on a Spirit Class before (Costa Atlantica) and really enjoyed the size of the ship, and the price for an obscured balcony on Miracle is only a wee bit more than a basic OV on Freedom. On Freedom, since there are less consecutive sea days, I know I will be okay with an OV. Miracle has 2 full days out and 2 back, so I am sure I can enjoy the veranda. Both itineraries interest me because they both include ports of call that I have not been to yet. Freedom visits St Thomas tho, which I loved, but I really want to return there for its own vacation more than a short port of call visit. Same for St Thomas.

Of course, the end result might come down to whomever I can get to sail with me and what days they can get off from work, but as of right now I'm flexible for both.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I can only give you my 2 cents on the Freedom, Loved the ship, food and entertainment. 4 sea days would be a bit much for me,and the less consecutive would be a plus...Recently SeaMaster and RollerDonna, were not thrilled with things on the Miracle, so check out RD's repoers before you decide.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Freedom vs Miracle

I have been on both ships. Freedom is outstanding in evey way compared with Miracle which is just o.k.

Pro's of Freedom - Entertainment, food, lay out, Jumbo t.v screen on Lido, Great crew.

Pro's of Miracle - Less people.

I'm booked 6 days Nov 2011 on Freedom. Have a great cruise which ever one you choose. Ed