Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Red face Carnival glory... Balcony vs. Premium balcony

Never had a balcony room. Need a little advice. We are cruising November 12th and are looking into rooms. Don't know the difference between the rooms. Any advice would be helpful. The cruise is for mine and my fiancÚ's honeymoon! All help is appreciated. Also, anyone else cruising the 12th of November 2011?
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kturner2006 View Post
Never had a balcony room. Need a little advice. We are cruising November 12th and are looking into rooms. Don't know the difference between the rooms. Any advice would be helpful. The cruise is for mine and my fiancÚ's honeymoon! All help is appreciated. Also, anyone else cruising the 12th of November 2011?
Hello and welcome to Cruisemates. The premium balcony is a category 9. Usually an aft corner with 'wrap' balcony--you can see both the aft and side. A little larger cabin with long balcony. Look at some deck plans-they are easy to find.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old February 8th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've had the regular balcony and the aft premium balcony and the premium balcony is just great, especially if you prefer some quiet time to sit, read, snooze, etc. If I had a choice, I would take the premium balcony anyday as I like my private time. Now, if you plan on not spending any significant time in your room, you may not consider it worth the expense. It really is based upon your preference, but if you are looking for something special, I say go for it.
Old February 8th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thank you for the input! We are getting very excited. This will only bent second cruise. First one was on the sensation out of port canaveral. And it was amazing.