Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2011, 09:53 PM
Familiar Face

Default Goff's Caye Snorkle tour

We are sailing on the Legend at the end of the month and are scheduled to stop in Belize. We would like to do some snorkling, but I'm not sure I would feel comfortable going out on our own in Belize or book through an outside company since there is a chance they will cancel the port. Has anyone done this tour through Carnival? Thanks!

Carnival Legend
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Admiral

Here are pictures from a Carnival Goff's tour:

Sep 7, 2006 - Belize Page2 Page3 Page4 Page5 Page6
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Did this on the Pride in 02 and really enjoyed it. They didn't have a bar then. Does anyone if they do now?
Old February 14th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I thought it was a great snotkeling excursion. One of the guides will guide you snorkeling around the island and point interesting things out along the way. Plus, they come and pick you up at the ship, so you don't need to tender into port to pick up the excursion.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 14th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Familiar Face

We have done this tour twice. Sorry I can' remember the years at this moment. The snorkling is wonderful in this spot. The first time there, the weather was perfect. You could buy beer out of a cooler and a lady was grilling creatures right out of the water. The island is very small.
The second trip, the island was smaller! The weather was bad but we snorkled anyway. It got really dark and the wind picked up. We had to just hang out together until it was time to leave.
I will tell you this...we booked this with Carnival both times and on the way back one time they couldn't start the motor. They had to call another boat to bring a battery or something. This was right at the end of the day. We knew that the ship would not leave without us because we booked through Carnival.
Old February 15th, 2011, 11:11 AM
Admiral

At Goff's you can snorkel from the boat or beach or both. When I went, I snorkeled from the boat back to the island and then all around.
Old February 15th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It is also very easy to snorkel around the island, it is a tiny little island with lots of coral and fish around it.

Message Boards Moderator