CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Birthday celebration question (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/380603-birthday-celebration-question.html)

cruise_mom February 20th, 2011 11:07 AM

Birthday celebration question

This is my first post as well as my first cruise, and I have many questions. We are cruising the week of 9/5/11 on the Triumph. 9/6 is my oldest son's 16 birthday and this cruise is what he asked for. We would like to be able to also have some sort of celebration while on board with the rest of the family, there are 13 total going on this cruise. Can we order a cake or make arrangements to all have dinner together, can we bring wrapped gifts on board? I am exited but beginning to feel overwhelmed by my lack of knowledge. any recommendations on where I can get more info? I am constantly on the web carivals site as well as reading these boards, any other sites I should be checking out? I appreciate any and all replies. TIA

Lakers Fan February 20th, 2011 11:30 AM

On our last cruise we traveled with friends who celebrated both an anniversary as well as a birthday .We spoke to the Maitre'D and at dinner there was birthday cakes for each celebration .The waiters sang the traditional Happy Birthday in their native languages .

You should advise your Travel Agent and she/he will take care of everything for you .

Luanne Russo February 21st, 2011 11:16 PM

Hi Cruise Mom,

First of all, let me welcome you to Cruisemates.

Let me see if I can help you.

Go on line to the Carnival web site. If you haven't registered, do so and if you have it, put your Booking number down.

They have a section on specialty cakes. Birthdays, Annv, etc. You can pick out the one you like. It can either be dilivered to your room, or in the dining room, and you can een pick out what night you would like it.

As far as gifts are concerned. In most cases, you can board a ship with wrapped gifts, but they might make you open them. What I have always done is take the gift, and the wrapping paper with me, and wrap it after I get on board.

You can also, in the section where you get the cakes, order gifts to be delivered to your stateroom either when you board, or on a day you would like it. They won't be wrapped, but will have a cruise theme.

My youngest son was 16 when he took his first cruise. He said it was the best gift he ever had. Anything else he received, was iccing on the cake, so to speak.

I am here to answer any of your questions. Let me know if I can help.

Luanne

dhudd February 22nd, 2011 02:31 PM

5 Attachment(s)
On most of our past cruises we have celebrated our Wedding Anniversaries and friends Birthdays. Yes you can make an advance order for a "Birthday Cake" or other Birthday supprises to be placed in you stateroom or to be presented at one of the Dinners in the dinning room. There will be a charge for these extra items. You may also make reservations to rent a space for a private Birthday Party. On our last cruise we rented one of the bars for a party. It was very reasonable, (drinks & eats), and we had a blast. You have to check with Carnival for the reservations. We hope that you cruise will bememorable. :D