Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Birthday celebration question

This is my first post as well as my first cruise, and I have many questions. We are cruising the week of 9/5/11 on the Triumph. 9/6 is my oldest son's 16 birthday and this cruise is what he asked for. We would like to be able to also have some sort of celebration while on board with the rest of the family, there are 13 total going on this cruise. Can we order a cake or make arrangements to all have dinner together, can we bring wrapped gifts on board? I am exited but beginning to feel overwhelmed by my lack of knowledge. any recommendations on where I can get more info? I am constantly on the web carivals site as well as reading these boards, any other sites I should be checking out? I appreciate any and all replies. TIA
Sponsored Links
Old February 20th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Admiral

On our last cruise we traveled with friends who celebrated both an anniversary as well as a birthday .We spoke to the Maitre'D and at dinner there was birthday cakes for each celebration .The waiters sang the traditional Happy Birthday in their native languages .

You should advise your Travel Agent and she/he will take care of everything for you .
Old February 22nd, 2011, 12:16 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Hi Cruise Mom,

First of all, let me welcome you to Cruisemates.

Let me see if I can help you.

Go on line to the Carnival web site. If you haven't registered, do so and if you have it, put your Booking number down.

They have a section on specialty cakes. Birthdays, Annv, etc. You can pick out the one you like. It can either be dilivered to your room, or in the dining room, and you can een pick out what night you would like it.

As far as gifts are concerned. In most cases, you can board a ship with wrapped gifts, but they might make you open them. What I have always done is take the gift, and the wrapping paper with me, and wrap it after I get on board.

You can also, in the section where you get the cakes, order gifts to be delivered to your stateroom either when you board, or on a day you would like it. They won't be wrapped, but will have a cruise theme.

My youngest son was 16 when he took his first cruise. He said it was the best gift he ever had. Anything else he received, was iccing on the cake, so to speak.

I am here to answer any of your questions. Let me know if I can help.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old February 22nd, 2011, 03:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd

On most of our past cruises we have celebrated our Wedding Anniversaries and friends Birthdays. Yes you can make an advance order for a "Birthday Cake" or other Birthday supprises to be placed in you stateroom or to be presented at one of the Dinners in the dinning room. There will be a charge for these extra items. You may also make reservations to rent a space for a private Birthday Party. On our last cruise we rented one of the bars for a party. It was very reasonable, (drinks & eats), and we had a blast. You have to check with Carnival for the reservations. We hope that you cruise will bememorable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC080985.jpg (44.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PC080157.jpg (95.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 905.jpg (94.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PA200175.jpg (93.4 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg PA200174.jpg (90.8 KB, 3 views)

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978