Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise for young adults

I am about to book a cruise for the caribbean, and was wondering which carnival cruise ship would cater more to young adults (21-28.), as in which one has the most partys and best night life? I believe my options are between the Valor, Liberty, Freedom and Glory ships as we will be porting out of Miami in December.
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:54 AM
Captain

All those ships are virtually identical, same class of ship. Carnival does the cookie cutter approach and activities are pretty much the same thru out their fleet. The main difference is the decorating of each ship, which wouldnt affect your partying.
Old February 27th, 2011, 02:57 AM
First Mate

And note, Freedom does not port out of Miami. Freedom leaves from Ft Lauderdale. Also it does 6 or 8 night trips.

Past cruises:

Disney Dream - Dec 2013 4n Bahamas
Disney Dream - Dec 2012 4n Bahamas
Carnival Imagination - Dec 2011 4n Western
Carnival Imagination - Nov 2010 4n Western
Costa Atlantica - Dec 2009 7n Eastern

My opinions are mine and mine alone. They do not represent the opinions of The Walt Disney Company nor any of its subsidiaries.
Old February 27th, 2011, 08:38 PM
Captain

Default .

I will give you my best guess / honest opinion as I THINK I might know the answer.

The "Party" is not based on the ship. IMHO its based on the itinery. We have been on 4 cruises now. (See my sig) and honestly, I believe the best partying we seen was on our first cruise to the Eastern Caribbean. Now, its really hard to tell as we have only done the Western Caribbean twice, and Eastern and Southern once. But here is my advice. Regardless of itinery, pick the week that you want to go, compare apples to apples, ie, compare 7 days to 7 days, don't compare a 6 day to an 8 day. Then, pick the cheapest cruise. With no disrespect, first time, younger cruisers like yourself are more likely to be on a budget. They will likely pick the cheapest cruise. When we were on Valor in 2006, I was 32. By far I think that cruise was the most "Jumpin". Just my opinion. On the other side of the coin, if you have never been on a cruise before, you honestly can't go wrong with any cruise. I find the music in the clubs is played for the crowd. Meaning, if the majority is young, expect dance music. If the majority seem to be reacting to rap music, expect more of that. If you're travelling with a group, be sure when you hear the music you like you tear up the dance floor because if you don't the DJ will likley change it up.

Just my opinion.

Krunch
Western Caribbean - Freedom - January, 2011
Southern Caribbean - Miracle - November, 2010
Western Caribbean - Liberty - November, 2008
Eastern Caribbean - Valor - October, 2006
Old February 28th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Familiar Face

I agree with flowers post and then what krunch states about the music in the disco catering to the crowd that particular week. So very true.

I've sailed on the same ship several times and it is always a feeling of a different cruise in that it's an entirely different crowd each cruise. One cruise the disco may be playing majority of disco music, the next time I sailed that ship, all rap, etc.

I don't think you can go wrong with any cruise you book with Carnival, especially if it's your first cruise because you have nothing to compare to.

Happy sailing,

Beth
Enchanted Seas
Enchanted Isle x4

Seawind
Seawind Crown
Celebrity
Horizon
Carnival
Celebration x5
Festivale
Fascination
Inspiration
Conquest x2
Elation- PLATINUM

Magic x2
Norwegian
Sea x3
Star
Dream
Spirit

Need some cruise help?

Need some cruise help?
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Of the the ships you are considering.... neither would be better vs. the other regarding catering more to the age of the passengers you are inquiring about. One sailing may have more passengers that age than the next sailing regardless of the ship or itinerary. All CCL ships pretty much will offer the same activities... night clubs and entertainment..... no matter which ship you select, I think you will have a great time.

Happy Cruising !
Old March 11th, 2011, 02:59 AM
Captain

In General.....the shorter cruises on Carnival tend to have the party crowds.

Book your cruise during spring break, we did our first cruise accidently on the Caribbean Princess and it was a party all week. The eye candy was really nice

Carribean Princess 07
Carnival Valor 08
Carnival Holiday 08
Carnival Triumph 09
Island Princess 09
Carnival Miracle 10
Norwegian Pearl 11
Norwegian Sun 13
Independence of the Seas Feb 14
Carnival Splendor Feb 15
Old March 18th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Familiar Face

I don't think it makes much of a difference. Spring/Winter break times will have more younger kids, but I was just on the Liberty a few weeks ago (in between breaks) and there were a decent amount of couples our age (23).

Carnival Liberty, 1/28/11
RCCL 2003,2004