Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2011, 04:17 PM
Familiar Face

Default Sixth Floor Balcony 6260

We just got assigned our balcony room on the Carnival Valor and was wondering if anyone else has stayed in this room or near to this one to tell me if this is a good room or not. It appears to be below the stage.....does that mean it's going to be NOISY? It is at the front of the ship so I guess it depends on how it pulls into port what we will get to see....~

Our friends we are traveling with are all the way at the other end of the ship...deck 8.....aft
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2011, 07:55 AM
Admiral

It looks like you are above the ladies room - should be too noisy.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobandChar View Post
We just got assigned our balcony room on the Carnival Valor and was wondering if anyone else has stayed in this room or near to this one to tell me if this is a good room or not. It appears to be below the stage.....does that mean it's going to be NOISY? It is at the front of the ship so I guess it depends on how it pulls into port what we will get to see....~

Our friends we are traveling with are all the way at the other end of the ship...deck 8.....aft
We haven't been on the Valor, but have been on several Carnival ships and we like the balcony on the side of the ship way more than the aft. The 6th deck is called the upper deck and the location of your cabin is very close to the elevators, which is very nice in my opinion. Being towards the front means not so far to walk to get of at the ports. Asks your friends how far they had to walk.. On the side of the ship you'll see flying fish and other cool things in the water. On the aft you'll see the " wake only." It gets boring after a while. On the side you have privacy and on the aft you'll have none. When pulling into ports you'll see the port as you pull in but on the aft you really don't see as much.