CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   carnival imagination, upper deck (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/381065-carnival-imagination-upper-deck.html)

mrsmommi March 10th, 2011 11:10 AM

carnival imagination, upper deck

hi there! new here and to cruising! husband and i are going on carnival imagination april 11-15 and are on the upper deck 6 forward & aft 6c (ocean view) just wondering how that deck is and the views from forward & aft! any good or bad would be appriciated!

fun2cruiz March 10th, 2011 11:45 PM

Great deck to be on, but if an oceanview... there is really no seeing from front to back regardless of where you are... more like a straight out view.

mosiegirl March 16th, 2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsmommi (Post 1358324)
hi there! new here and to cruising! husband and i are going on carnival imagination april 11-15 and are on the upper deck 6 forward & aft 6c (ocean view) just wondering how that deck is and the views from forward & aft! any good or bad would be appriciated!

Hi..I will be on that cruise too!! views from ANY windows are sure to be good !

lhp March 20th, 2011 11:58 AM

Upper is a great deck because you have cabins above and below you. (a good thing)

Enjoy!!

Rum Runner March 20th, 2011 06:05 PM

"oceanview" is simply two little portholes that are not really accessible unless you crawl into the 'hole' that they put in the wall (kinda like a bay window in a house only different and deeper). You can see out of them, but not front-to-back at all.
And surprisingly, they don't let in a whole lotta light in the morning if'n you're expecting a 'natural' wake up.
We were on the Main deck forward...cabins M8 and M10, and we would hear a significant amount of water sloshing against the hull one night when it was pretty windy & rough. Wind was ~40mph (we were hoping to go outside and catch the sea action, but they closed the upper decks so you couldn't go up there at all outside)...perhaps the sloshing won't be noticeable up one deck.

Oh, and there's no clock in the room, nor is there a hair dryer.

fun2cruiz March 20th, 2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rum Runner (Post 1361030)
"oceanview" is simply two little portholes that are not really accessible unless you crawl into the 'hole' that they put in the wall (kinda like a bay window in a house only different and deeper). You can see out of them, but not front-to-back at all.
And surprisingly, they don't let in a whole lotta light in the morning if'n you're expecting a 'natural' wake up.
We were on the Main deck forward...cabins M8 and M10, and we would hear a significant amount of water sloshing against the hull one night when it was pretty windy & rough. Wind was ~40mph (we were hoping to go outside and catch the sea action, but they closed the upper decks so you couldn't go up there at all outside)...perhaps the sloshing won't be noticeable up one deck.

Oh, and there's no clock in the room, nor is there a hair dryer.

Wrong.... Oceanview is a full sized window...Port Hole is what you are referring to and on the forward bow of the ship. Oceanview lets plenty of light in a stateroom vs. porthole staterooms

Rum Runner March 21st, 2011 10:37 AM

Sorry; we were originally booked for an inside cabin, then the agent said we could get an 'oceanview' room, and ended up with the cabin with the portholes. Sorry; I was going on what the booking agent had said: "oceanview."
My mistake.