I love the Spirit Class ships....
we have never sailed out of Baltimore so I can't add any tips for that port...but once you get onboard ...
remember that :
1. The steam and sauna is included in your cruise price. Some people think that just because you have to walk past the Spa desk..it will cost more. It doesn't. Also they have lockers for free, but they will hold your Sail and Sign card until they get the key back.
2. If you like expressos etc, the ones on the Promenade cost more..but they are free in the Main Dining Room at every meal that the MDR is open.
3. Don't forget the Fun Farewell Party that replaced the Captain's Party for FREE drinks. 5pm on the last day....watch your Fun Times ...the reminder will be "tiny"
4. If you think you can mix a "cool drink"...enter the mixologist contest...if you get selected to participate...you get a coupon for a free drink PLUS you get the drink that you made. IF you win, you get 4 coupons!! (for alcohol...not just soda)
5. They do charge for bottle water and soda BUT you can carry on 12pkg per person and WINE or Champagne1 bottle (750ml) per adult over the age of 21. The breakfast buffet will have orange juice if take champagne and want to start the day with a mimosa...
6. The breakfast juice bar is swapped out for lemonade and ice tea at lunch. Of course coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea are available on Lido 24 hours a day.
7. Room service is included in our cruise fare and is 24 hours a day. a one dollar tip is customary.
8. Speaking of tips, now they are automatically added to your Sail and Sign account. $10 per person per day (unless you prepaid them) No more having to worry about having the correct change and stuffing envelopes.
9. Your Fun Times will be in your cabin when you arrive for that night and the Fun Times for the next day will be left in your cabin when the Cabin Steward does the turn down service while you are at dinner.
10. IF you use a Birth Certificate, it MUST be an original STATE issued BC. Not a hospital issued and not a copy.
One more thing....
don't forget to have an AMAZING cruise....and congrats on the graduation.
Our son is graduating in May from college (Chemical Engineer) ..... and yes, we are taking him on a cruise!!!